Is the WTBTS a Bully?

by Joe Grundy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I am not, and never have been, a JW. I spent my career (30 years) fighting bullies. Is WTBTS and its subsidiaries (not talking about individual JWs here) a bullying organisation?

I think I know the answer to this question, from what I have read here - but I would like to hear your answers.

Thanks.

• heathen
    heathen

Yes . From my exsperience there is no room for dissent , it is viewed as being in opposition , they kinda see you as a nimrod or some such thing . This is a very strange group of people . They are as organized to insult and humiliate people as they seem to be about publishing literature . They will use whatever means at their disposal to coerce people into their cult while subverting independent thinking and free speech.

• Mary
    Mary

Well let me put it this way: If the WTB&TS was a cartoon character, this is what it would look like:

• vitty
    vitty

Yes they are. But because the talk out of both sides of their mouths, its difficult to realize that they are. Someone said they are like an abuser. They beat you up then tell you it was because of something you did, you deserved it, then they tell you they love you and no one else will..........

The WT is also written in a narrative or 3rd voice................If...for eg you read " the faithfull and descreet slave are humble and deserve our love and obedience" you think I agree they are...........instead of "we are humble and deserve your love and obedience" youd think WTF

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Joe

Do cows have tits?

Dismembered

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is precisely what they are, bullies, if you don't agree with them they throw you out without giving a reply to your doubts and if they finally come round to your ideas they still refuse to apologise for the way they treated you. For them the crime is the fact that you questioned their ideas.

• Poztate
    Poztate

They come across as a kind and loving group. This ends abruptly if you disagree with ANYTHING they say and refuse to follow orders (theocratic style) Then the club is produced and the real spirit of the WTS becomes apparent.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I've never really had any connection with the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society except to read some of their publications and to attend conventions they sponsored. I talked to a couple circuit servants (people I don't think much of). My connections have really all been with the local Jehovah's Witness people. Those connections have mostly been discouraging.
    The back charges have far outweighed any Jehovah's Witnesses benefits I may have realized. I actually can't list any benefits at this point.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

A field guide describing the typical hidden traits of a bully. A Bully's 12 Hidden Behavior Traits :

1. Charming in public
    2. Rumor-monger in private
    3. Two-faced
    4. Distorts truth and reality
    5. Hypocritical
    6. Evasive
    7. Pompous
    8. Self-righteous
    9. Obsessed with image
    10. Passive-aggressive
    11. Pretends to care
    12. Plays the victim

I reckon 12 out of 12 is a fair indication. That's amazing - I think I'll post that in "practices"

• formyboys
    formyboys

Vitty, I sooo agree.

"Yes they are. But because the talk out of both sides of their mouths, its difficult to realize that they are. Someone said they are like an abuser. They beat you up then tell you it was because of something you did, you deserved it, then they tell you they love you and no one else will.......... "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit