GB new members...

by White Waves 40 Replies latest jw friends

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

You have to wait and see what color smoke comes out of the chimalee 25 Columbia Heights.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL at Dismembered.

actually, I believe the smoke must be blue for a new selection ... to indicate Papa Smurf's blessing!

• Honesty
    Honesty

They let the spirit guide their decisions:

• blondie
  • under_believer
    under_believer

Fairmind is kidding. I can also attest to the fact that new GB members are not always from the Bethelite pool. Guy Pierce, one of the very newest members, was a circuit overseer in the Portland, OR area just a year before he was on the GB--I know this because he served the congregation I attended.

• blondie
    blondie

So under_believer, was he at Bethel for a short time before his selection was announced. They don't necessarily have to have been there very long, but they are definitely being checked over. You have to remember too that circuit overseers have 2 month retraining sessions, not every year, but frequently. You can rest assured that he had met several if not all of the GB members and spent enough time that they knew he was thoroughly a company man.

Blondie

• under_believer
    under_believer

blondie, I'm certain that he wasn't simply appointed straight out of the field--no doubt you are correct, he was well known and well checked over (certainly, recalled from the circuit work) before he was appointed.
    Definitely interesting, though--to have a guy who I had conversations with and even gone in service with be a GB member only a year or 18 months later.

• blondie
    blondie

Because of my family history, I have met about 10 members of the GB. I was never that impressed...but then I never met Ray Franz until later.

My family was a founding family in this area...knew quite a few of the anointed....didn't see where they were any more "holy" or closer to "perfection" than us lowly great crowdites.

Blondie

• under_believer
    under_believer

Don't get me wrong--Guy Pierce is a nightmare. This is a man who felt perfectly free to create new doctrine right on the spot, from the platform. I remember disliking his hardcore-edness early on, but what really put me over the edge with that guy was when he declared, again from the platform, categorically with no wiggle room, "any human not baptized will be destroyed at Armageddon."
    He was a real "let God sort 'em out" kinda guy.

• breeze
    breeze

Is there a published list of the GB?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Steps

1. Brown nose

2. Be visible, make sure your where people can see what you are doing and remember you.

3. Be a yes man!

After this, they see you and appoint you if you have excelled in the above three steps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit