Do Individual JWs Pay For The Publications They Distribute?

by Joe Grundy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Dozy,

I agree with you. However, GOD knows that man must stand up (so to speak) and speak out when "things" are wrong and people are being hurt and so forth. To be idle and just stand by and allow wrong things to happen when an Elder or a group of Elders could of made a difference, well, that sir, is a greater SIN than just being a R&F good old company boy for the GB!

I promise you, for those of you that do believe in Jehovah or Yahweh as the almighty GOD, there will be a harsh judgment for those that mislead and those that stood by and done nothing while the innocent people were harmed. And it does not make any difference what Religion or life situation we are talking about.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It really hurt me to see some little old lady fishing in her purse and then handing over a contribution that was way over the top, considering the factories use free slave labor to produce it.

I would hand it back and say there was no charge.

Interestingly in France, the WTBTS goes under the misnomer "Societe Cultuelle des Temoins de Jehovah" Cultural society of Jehovah's Witlesses. Why are they whining about being taxed as a religion, when they don't even call themselves one?

Mexico did the same so they could own property. So for years no song or prayer was offered at a meeting.

Does anybody know if this is the case in France at present?

HB

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

graybuss, I dont know if that bag is the same one but I saw one just like it on ebay going for over 200, I only know because I listed some of the old 78 lp albums, I only got 10 for album 1 through 10 with jacket and dust cover. I guess people still like old bags.

• MochaLatte
    MochaLatte

Dismembered:

Did we go to the same KH? Why do I suddenly feel so guilty even though it's years after the fact? I feel like I owe you an apology.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Mocha, you can PM him to apologize. :)

• The Quiet One
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Test

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

thanks for the bump... I've been curious about this for some time...

when I was a child it was always watchtower and awake 15cents... and i remember we always took money but never more.. it was just to cover the cost of printing .. and we were not on a donation campaign.. but if they didn't pay we wouldn't place, we needed to know there was real interest... it was a to seperate people who would take stuff just to get you off their porch.. that was what i was told...

then when the change was made, i remember being a Bethel on a 2 week construction deal and M.E.P.S had just came out recently I was told that when the society asked IBM to write the program, they were told that's imposible... so the society with Jehovah's blessing did it... and sold it back to IBM .. and with the royalities.. they were set for life.. and that is why they no longer asked for donations, I never paid for any thing after That.. but I was kicked out shortly there after.. and always wondered about the inside info I had been given, I noticed it's never been repeated on here..

DID anyone elese hear this.?

tt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit