The "study" went GREAT, my mom NOW has questions!!!!

by FreedomFrog 33 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

Frog: You've got a lot of good advice here and I'm sure you'll pick thru it and use what resonates with you personally, so I have nothing else to add.

Except... I detect throughout your story that your mother loves you and the thought of you being wrongly treated seems to upset her. It's this close family bond that causes many people to come INTO the "truth" (or stay) and the same emotional pull has caused more than one parent to examine their JW beliefs after a child leaves, especially if the child appears to the parent to be happy, well adjusted, and balanced in his or her new role as a "worldly person."

So I'd just say that, along with the doctrinal points you choose to use, don't forget the power of love. It's your best tool. Whatever else you "show" your mom from the written page, make sure you also point out to her that the dubs really don't practice true love, despite their claim that love is their identifying mark. I am certain you mother knows of many examples, as do you, which you ought to work into your conversation whenever the opportunty arises.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    The problem with the Mexico/Malawi being the next point of discussion is that you probably have to use material besides the Bible and the WT pubs... and that may pose a problem since they won't read it

I totally agree with this. The main reference for this goes back to Ray Franz in Crisis of Conscience. The references for Malawi can be easily found in the WT literature.

But the references for what happened in Mexico might be a lot harder to verify without going back to R Franz

Ok Scratch the above; I found the references for it in WT literature

Mexico/Malawi $$$$$?.

Scroll down to the rather lengthy post by expatbrit. He gives the place in the Watchtower and yearbooks where Mexico's status is discussed.

Until they are ready to consider that the WTS/GB is NOT God's servant you might want to stay away from references where he is the only source. You don't need them throwing "apostate" into your work.

But if you decide to use Mexico/Malawi definitely read over the link above. And also check this one out Reasonings on Malawi/Mexico Fiasco

• Carmel
    Carmel

Willy is absolutely spot on! Balance the "intellectual" arguments with the "emotional" evidence. JW's fail on both accounts, but if you only address the intellectual, the emotional ties will not allow the heart to be open.

carmel

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

WOW, nice one!

NGO Membership of the UN could be a good one. Proof exists on the actual UN website. Apparently you can just do a search from the UN search engine for Jehovahs Witness or Watchtower and you'll find their letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit