The "study" went GREAT, my mom NOW has questions!!!!

by FreedomFrog 33 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    The 607 keeps being suggested so I think I will get that book and research it. Though, I need to keep it as simple. And when it comes to numbers, dates and math, I myself tend to get lost.

I haven't tested this method but how do think this would go over:

Ask one or Jewish friends/acquaintences when Jerusalem was destroyed (both times). If they don't know right away, they should find the 'Jewish Account' pretty quickly - like with just a phone call to their rabbi. (Heck, you could even call a rabbi yourself. But 'asking acquaintences' sets up your alibi that you were witnessing to friends and they corrected your false date.)

Then visit the library and ask a librarian to help you find the answer to the same question. Have the librarian make a copy for you.

Present that simple discrepancy (JWs have different dates than Jewish and Secular history) to your mom and let HER do the research and explain it to you.

Let her do the leg work. She may find more info than just what you've prepared for her...

While she's researching and calculating dates, you could be doing the same with Alleymom's and AlanF's and others notes.

This was good news. I look forward to reading about the next session.

-Aude.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    While she's researching and calculating dates, you could be doing the same with Alleymom's and AlanF's and others notes.

Yeah, that's a good idea. That's actually what convinced me more was ME finding the info. on my own. Having her do the research with enough to get her started sounds like the best way to go. People tend to learn more when they've researched it rather than have it researched for them. I'm still going to try to understand it more just because I'm curious now. But, I think even IF I knew exactly the details, I still will try to encourage her to do the research. I know I can get her to do it...cause she's in the saving mode and I know my mom. I think this will work. I have better hope now with them seeing the truth about the troof. Now I just need to "act" not as excited...but that's not going to be too tough. You're trained well in that religion how to "act" even though you feel different... hehehehe

FF

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

I'm not sure if any has mentioned this but the one that sticks out like a sore thumb and is irrefutable are the false prophecies. No religious organisation should be able to withstand the onslaught this BS brings to their doorstep. False prophets are a big deal for JWs.
    My mother is not a JW but is extremely sympathetic to their doctrines. I told her they are false prophets but of course she wouldn't listen, she just kept repeating like a chant, "no they are not", I waited for her to stop and gave her all the examples at which point she listened a little. I think a couple more sessions like this and i may break through. My mothers pet hate is false prophets as it is for all JWs.
    Try this and see what happens!

• Mary
    Mary

Here it is! Yes it was Alleymom who had posted it.......the beauty of it is that you don't even need to get into the historical and archaeological evidence for when Jerusalem was destroyed-----you can simply use the bible itself:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/55372/1.ashx

• observador
    observador

The problem with the Mexico/Malawi being the next point of discussion is that you probably have to use material besides the Bible and the WT pubs... and that may pose a problem since they won't read it.

Maybe you could stick with the Bible contradictions for now.

Observador.

• streets76
    streets76

This is the question I will ask any JW that crosses my path (Note: I've been living in the same house for eight years and no JW has showed up on my doorstep. And it's a middle-class, safe neighborhood. And there's a Kingdom Hall less than five miles away):

My question: Is the WTS inspired/directed by God, the only channel by which God deals with mankind?

If they answer YES, then my comeback is, "So why have there been so many failed predictions/flip-flops in teachings in the past? Certainly, divine inspiration would not have allowed this."

If they answer NO, then my comeback is, "So why on earth would you follow and support an organization that has been wrong in each and every past prediction and continously flip-flops on various teachings?"

I asked my JW brother (and I mean my actual blood brother) the above question a few years ago, and he quickly changed the subject.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    If they answer YES, then my comeback is, "So why have there been so many failed predictions/flip-flops in teachings in the past? Certainly, divine inspiration would not have allowed this."

well, the problem with that is that they (at least my parents) feel that it wasn't "flip-flop", it was "new light". Even though I had asked them 3 years ago how could have it been "new light" if they went back then back to the other then back again. Still, they said it was "new light". Sort of like what your brother did, they avoided the question.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I need to make sure that whatever we discuss next will be something that they can't avoid. Something that will stay with them for a long time. So far, I do like the 607 concept.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

1. hi frog. 607 is a great subject. but most jw's don't really understand it. except to add 70 years to 537 b.c. and come up with 607. then they will use the 70 years of the land being dosolated. to back it up from tyhe bible. it's a long hard arguement. with dates and names of kings that are hard to pronounce , and even harder to remember. i'm talking months of research to expose the wt's lie. this is a long term project. to introduce to your family. but bring it up every time you see fit. like every day. make them go to the public library. or call on the local jewish temple and ask questions. while talking to the rabbi they should also ask about the name Jehovah,. and why jews never say the word. that will be an eye opener. i like to ask jw's to back up that jesus choose the wt as the fds in 1919. based on jesus' inspection of all religions from 1914 -1918. based only on studing original wt material printed till 1918. as this is what jesus would have inspected. to turn over all his earthly possessions to the wt in 1919. ask them to back this up. prove all things true. that you want to feel just as excited as jesus did in 1919. then know your wt history to shoot this down. as comical and a lie. even a 5 year old that goes to the hall today could see. i allways invite any jw to a one year study. on original wt reprints printed till 1919. out of 100's of jw's maybe 1000's not one has ever taken me up. why ? because they lie that they know how jesus choose the wt in 1919. and never looked it up for them selves. somewere along the line i make the jw understand in their mind they are a liar. a false witness. and can't back up jesus choose them in 1919. next to NO jw has read any of the old wt books. and will lie through the3ir teeth . just ask about 1799 they never heard about it. or 1844. i've never lost a single argement with a jw on this in 8 years . NOT A ONE> and if any jw i asked to research this stuff. has done it. they are most likely out of the wt today. it's a no lose arguement. if you do it right. good luck in your quest john
  • KW13
    KW13

amazing, this gives me more hope with my folks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit