What is the most stupid thing you ever did?!!!

by Spectrum 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

BTW: excluding joining JWism unless it's too intriguing not to say.

Here's mine:

It was in the day when the paraffin man went around selling to those that still had the old paraffin burners to keep their house warm. Well I was about 8 years old, I went for the first time to purchase that weeks paraffin. I asked the seller if he wasn't afraid of his van burning down with all that combustible fuel on board. He said that it is a safe fuel, took a match lit it and put the flame in small paddle of paraffin in his van. No cumbustion.
    So I go home with the paraffin wanting to show my brother a new trick!! I poured a good amount of paraffin on the bathroom vinyl floor and said to my brother (he was a few years older than me) look, i'm going to throw a lit match on the paraffin and it won't burn. A curious look came over his face. I struck the match and as a threw it onto the floor a heard my brother say almost in slow motion, "Nooooooooooooo", on that yell as the match was flying through the air it suddenly dawned on me, "F*&^%K, what if it does ignite" I had a couple of terrifying slow motion seconds as the lit match made it's way inexorably to the paraffin strewn floor. I braced myself as it hit the paraffin liquid. The match settle in the paraphin my eyes glued on the match and praying that it wouldn't burst into flames. I breathed a sigh of relief as the flame drowned in the paraffin, safely extinguishing just as the seller had demonstrated. Phew!!!
    My brother called me an stupid idiot and told me to clean up the mess before our dad saw it.
    If my dad, being a man of little patients, had seen that event he would have sent me to the next kingdom without waiting on Jehovah!
    I think paraffin needs a wick, had I been really demented and poured it on carpet I would have burned the house down!!!

• ballistic
    ballistic

My brother did it with methylated spirits in the bedroom. It burst into flames - and he had his chemistry set confiscated.

• luna2
    luna2

I've done so many stupid things that I can't remember them all. I don't think I've ever caused an explosion or burnt anything up, but I remember very well the time I cleaned the bathroom and mixed bleach with ammonia. Created a nice cloud of caustic fumes. Had to turn on the fan, open all the windows and escape the house for a while until it dissipated.

You know, they really need to teach what happens when you do that in Home Economics (highschool course we had to take...usually made lousy cream pies or Harvard beets for an hour instead of learning something useful)

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I became a Jehovah's Witness.

• Pole
    Pole

:I became a Jehovah's Witness.

Touche!

• prophecor
  • luna2
    luna2

Aw, proph...know the feeling. One of my biggest stupid moves too. I'm sure he felt the same...although we got two great kids out of the deal.

Did you make that yourself?

• The Mayor of Turiwhate
    The Mayor of Turiwhate

I don't even have to stop and think about the answer to this one!

The most stupid thing that I ever did was (unquestionably) first picking up an Awake magazine:

- and thus beginning the descent down the proverbial Slippery Slide into JW Madness.

(That single unwise move far eclipses any of the other ecapades that I had with petrol & matches, shellite & matches, or methylated spirits & matches as a boy - or with firearms, motorcycles or wild women as a young man!)

This, though, is easier to say with the benfit of hindsight - an dunfortunately, Hindsight always seems to be 20/20!

The Mayor

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh What to say...

What to say...

Stupidity is in the eye of the beholder. ?

• free2beme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit