deceased relatives and visiting in dreams

by snarf 33 Replies latest social relationships

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Has anyone ever asked the 'visiting party' what they are experiencing on the other side? I am serious. This would be very interesting esp. if several were asked and we could compare the answers.

Cab

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I found a book at the library today titled: Hello From Heaven! by Bill and Judy Guggenheim. There is a chapter about dreaming about the dead and the difference in simply dreaming of them and getting an actual visit from beyond. So far, the book doesn't sound wacko.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Snarf -

I believe in visits from the dead during dreams and when in meditative states. I sometimes have olfactory (sense of smell) experiences that I associate with dead loved ones. Recently I saw my dead Aunt's face just before falling asleep. My mother was with her, but somehow it was my aunt who was significant. I am very close with her daughter whose lymphoma has metastisized. I felt my aunt was telling me that she is waiting for my cousin. I finally reached my cousin yesterday and she tells me that she has yet another tumor and in a different location. While they will try to shrink it with radiation, she is definitely dying. She's already lived years longer than originally predicted, but now she is losing the battle. It's sad, and yet, she, too, believes in life after death and is comforted at the thought of living on with the ones who have already passed over into the Light.

I hope your grandmother decides to visit again, if you'd like her to.

FHN -- Thanks for the book suggestions.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I have had dozens of dreams of my favorite relatives who are no longer here in this life. This has happened ever since I was old enough to remember, say around 9 or ten years old until now. Since Talia has been gone, several therapists asked me to keep a journal and record all of the details about her everytime I have a dream, and I have been 99% accurate and faithful in this regard.

I have learned several things from reading some books ont he subject of parents and children who die young, the dead, dreams and coping with loss and grief. I read Elizabeth Kuble Ross about Children and Dying, Death and Dying and am also getting setup for more therapy with famous dr. Therese Rando. So, I say all of that to say I have an opinion I want to share because of what I have learned about the way we deal with death.

Well, I admit the dreams of Talia always affect me for days, sometimes weeks. I miss her and love her more every second of every day. I try to dream about her as often as I can and if I could, I would never leave a dream with Talia and stay wherever that is and never wake up. But, I amnot positive of several things.

1. Are dreams the subconscious way our mind plays back all of the thoughts images and memories and issues we are concerned with? If so, then we are not being visited, just recaling things in our sleep. For example, Talia is only a certain age in my dreams, she's not 12 and tall like she was before dying. She is always around 8-10 just the way I remember her in her prime.

2. Why are the dreams always full of a mixture of unrelated stuff and we can never feel totally conscious during the dream and we almost always realize we are in a dream, thus are we really leaving reality and visiting another dimensnio, is someone visiting us, or is it just the mind's way of emptying itself like a data cache?

3. We don't have actual evidence of what happens after death that is documented by more than one person.

So, in the end, even though I miss Talia and my other close relatives, I can't prove anything and can't contact them other than in my dreams when I have already spent all day crying and missing them in the first place. So, I remain skeptical until I get more evidence and am sorry it's not provable, yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit