deceased relatives and visiting in dreams

by snarf 33 Replies latest social relationships

• snarf
    snarf

My grandmother passed away in December of this past year. She believed that all religions were full of false teachings, therefor at times turning to supernatural beliefs. She believed in Ghosts, life after death, etc... Anywho, I had a dream a couple weeks ago, very vivid, and we were riding in an old truck down a dirt road with corn growing on both sides. She was probably about 30 years old, looked fabulous by the way, and was just asking how people were doing. I told her the latest info on everyone, who was now pregnant, who recently got remarried. She was really concerned about my grandpa and wanted to make sure everyone was helping to take care of him. I assured her that as sad as we all were that she was gone, that everyone who could was helping to keep him busy, and making sure he was getting to appointments and always had a vistor checking in.

My question is, do you believe in visitations of relatives after death? I wasn't too hip on the idea before, but since my dream, I am now leaning more to the believing side. My grandma and I were very close, she practically raised my brother and I growing up, so we shared alot of common beliefs and interests. No one else in the family has had any dreams with her in them, so if this is the case I feel very honored that she would pick me.

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( snarf ))

I'm sorry for your loss. I don't believe in visitation through dreams, but I do believe dreams can have meaning for us. I hope you found your dream comforting, and can take whatever you need to from it.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My grandmother visited me in my dream after her death. It was actually quite funny - if you PM me I'll tell you the story. Do I think she visited me? I would hope so!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Sorry for your loss,

I was very close to my mother and after she died, I dreamt she was alive and sitting in the kitchen of my dads home. Well, she was all dressed up like she was going out somewhere and I asked her where she was going and whether she knew she was dead. She told me she was there to wait for my dad and then they would be going out together. Before she could tell me where they were going, I woke up.

It was so vivid, I told all my family about it, except my dad as he was taking moms death badly. I told my hubby I was concerned about my dad but we blew it off because as far as we knew, he was not at all sick.

Within a week of the dream, my dad was also diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Mom died on June 4, 2001, Dad passed on June 4, 2002.

True story, I cannot explain it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I believe that you did have a visitation. Since it gave you peace, I hope you have more.

• wednesday
    wednesday

sad to say, most of my relatives were so mean, they would not have visited me or any of the other relatives when they were alive, can't imagine them dropping by for a chat after death.

all kidding aside, I do believe in this, and lovely snarf , that was indeed an. experience. Often people who have been married for many years die within a year or 2 of each other.

There is so much we do not know. I don't refuse to believe something just b/c it can't be proved.

I wish my mom would come see me. Once I got a glimple of her wheelchair in the kitchen. ( we used to love to have coffee together) I heard her call my name. I wish she would come back.

• gumby
    gumby

I won't say it doesn't happen......but why doesn't it happen to everyone....or at least even to a majority of people? My grandmother swears she talked to her dead son( my uncle) on the side of her bed who would visit her at night from time to time. He died at 29 from diabetes and I never knew him.

Why hasn't my father who died contacted me? He would be the type that would, but he never has nor has anyone else talked to me who has died. Why would the dead be so select in who they talk to?

Gumby

• Robdar
    Robdar

Why hasn't my father who died contacted me? He would be the type that would, but he never has nor has anyone else talked to me who has died. Why would the dead be so select in who they talk to?

Gumby, How many of your dreams do you recall on a daily basis?

Maybe it isn't that the dead are being selective, maybe some of us on this side do not know how to listen.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hi everyone,

I don't really have an answer but maybe it has to do with genetics?

The reason I say this is, my mom and grandma were estranged at the time my grandma died .And although we were hundreds of miles away, my mom knew her mom had just died. How? she dreamt it! I was around 12 and I was in my moms room while she was sleeping when she all of a sudden, shot straight up in bed and said her mom just died. When she called relatives, they wanted to know how she knew.

My daughter who is 13 also has similiar experiences. So I think there is some type of genetic link and some people are just more suseptable to these "visits".

I know my experience was real because everyone of my siblings remembers me calling them about it the next morning, right after the dream. We talk about it a lot and no one seems to have an answer except that mom somehow came back for dad.And just wanted me to know to tell the other kids. I think also becuase when we were growing up I was the second mother to the kids. I was the one too who handled all my moms medical issues and appt. for her cancer because the other kids were not strong enough emotionally to do it. I am the one who broke the news of mom's terminal condition to everyone, including my dad.So if mom wanted us kids to be prepared for something, she would pick me as the natural choice.

I am a Christian though and don't know how to reconcile this with my other beliefs but, also, I don't think I have to. I just accept it for what it was.

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby, How many of your dreams do you recall on a daily basis?

Maybe it isn't that the dead are being selective, maybe some of us on this side do not know how to listen.

Robyn.....I'm not one who can recall dreams. It's rare if I have a dream I can remember and when I do and tell it to someone, it sounds so damn dumb I get embarrased I even brought it up. They usually make no sense and are silly. I can't recall having one about a dead one talking to me at all. Manytimes I have bad dreams and moan and try to yell for help and cannot.....I just make these scary moans and my wife has to shake me out of it and I can never remember what it was about.

To me being visited by a dead loved one in a DREAM doesn't prove the dead exists anyway.....although I'm not sure they are not conscience somewhere. Why do not they visit while we are awake?

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit