JWs in Melbourne !!

by young hearts, be free.. 9 Replies latest jw friends

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

Jeez, I have just moved to Melbourne, Aus and goddam the dubs here are proactive!! I have been bailed up once on the train to work early on a Saturday morning, outside Parliament station on another Saturday morning and 5 minutes later walking down the street by 3 gorgeous chicks using their charm..oops radiant spirits to flick off the mags.. Maybe there is a price on my head......

• spawn2u
    spawn2u

What does dub mean? I know what a JW is....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi, where were you from before Melbourne?

A dub is short for JW as in J (Doub)le U

• Es
    Es

hey there fellow melbournite, what part of Melbourne are you in????

Im from Sydenham

es

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Yo Es how are u,?

My sister and her husband who are JWs live in Melbourne. They are defiantly staunch JWs.

Gosh I would love to visit you guys all in Australia. Years and years ago when I lived in Montreal I had a penpal witness friend from Perth Au. I often wonder what ever happened to her. She was a single mom bringing up two sons. Her name I believe was Olga Glass and her sons names are Bryan and Brent. I oftened wondered if she stayed in the org. as the last time I wrote her in the later 70s I never heard back from her again and at that time I was very strong witness.

Oh well the world can be a small place can't it as Es and I can attest too.

good luck

Orangefatcat

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi pickles, yeah I'm in Melbourne too. I think I know the three hottie sisters who work the loop, they used to get a good ten-hour day in starting at the train station. What a yawn. Ask the brunette when was the last time she spoke to her brother. Actually don't, she's a lunatic.

keep it together.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Ask the brunette when was the last time she spoke to her brother.

Come on, spill the goss! If I'm ever down that way and run into them, I'll be sure to ask this question. So, is the brother DFed?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah he's d'd. He and his witness girlfriend went on a few weekends away together, and eventually decided to repent. He told his elders everything; she told her elders that he'd raped her. She was reproved, he was d'd. His sister spoke to him last recently, and used that occasion to tell him to not contact her any more. He said that the coffee meeting after that was like a bad date; what do you say, and what excuses do you make to leave? He's doing great though, bless him.

You'd probably recognise her as the only chick who has consecutively appeared on district convention stages from Perth to Sydney and Melbourne every time they have a part for 'permanently single and that's okay' pioneer sisters. She's a very sweet girl, and will live and die in that dull world.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I'm in Perth but may be coming over to Melbourne to work if I cannot find a bloody job here soon!

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    I'm in Perth but may be coming over to Melbourne to work if I cannot find a bloody job here soon!

Have you thought about full time pioneering?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit