Creepy JW Music for Kids!

by limbogirl 52 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

Completely, totally, honest to God, it says that verbatim. I know, totally amazing. Not like "what age did Jesus start talking," not "did Jesus build really good furniture." It was about how many times they had to spank him. My theory is that Gary Alt, the "songwriter," must have wanted to assuage his conscience for all the beatin's he dished out to his kids.

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

limbogirl, I have to thank you for my favorite thread of the day. I'm not often flabbergasted, but this did it for me and for that you are a star in my book!!!!

I will go to bed tonight dreaming of Gary Alt and Friends as they March Off the Edge of the Earth Into an Abyss Never To Be Heard From Again.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Miss Behave,

truly my pleasure to provide today's entertainment! and the next time I do a ctl+alt+del, I'll think of you fondly!

sleep well...

LimboGirl

• spawn2u
    spawn2u

I am embarrassed that I ever had anything to do with the religion and then this happens, I could puke right about now!

• david_10
    david_10

At first, I listened to the songs with some amusement and even amazement that anyone would have the sheer nerve to market something like this. But after I thought about it for a while, two things occurred to me.

First, Mr. Alt isn't quite as bad as everyone is making him out to be. He's very unpolished and amateurish, but he does show some musical ability. It's too bad that he opted to waste his life in a controlling cult instead of going to a reputable school and developing his raw talent into something more artistic. Had he done so, I think he possibly could've had a career in one of the many areas of music, whether it be performance or production or A&R. But something. As it is, he has remained unpolished and amateurish, extremely. And I would like to point out to Mr. Alt that it's not too late---------------------------he could still do it.

Second, I find it very sad. Using his musical ability, he has been able to do what few witnesses are able to do: he has expressed exactly what it is like to be a witness and be controlled by the ideals of a few old men and their pipe dreams. It's pitiful. Sad beyond words. There are millions of faithful witnesses who think exactly what he has expressed in his songs, and there's no way to get through to them. With the kind of mentality shown here, it's a wonder that anyone is able to break free. The "tipping point" for each person is different, but every one of us should be so grateful that we were tipped over the edge and figured it out and got out. It sure doesn't happen very often. Listen to those songs and you can understand why.

David

• osmosis
    osmosis

"It's about the kids"

Fredian slip?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

This is just sick inducing crap and a complete misuse of what could be some talent if he developed it properly.

I need to go to the bathroom again!

DB74

• loosie
    loosie

I sent the link to these songs to a friend who is "IN".

Do you want to know what people who are "IN" think about these songs?

My friends comment "very cute songs"

• Ariel84
    Ariel84
    I sent the link to these songs to a friend who is "IN".

Do you want to know what people who are "IN" think about these songs?

My friends comment "very cute songs"

I can just see all the parents in car groups out in FS popping this one in the CD player

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

I checked Amazon and found this musical masterpiece listed there....here are the two reviews from people who purchased the album:

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:Truly wonderful music, May 31, 2005

Reviewer:Doris S - See all my reviews
    I just can't say enough about this CD. Thank you so much for providing me with GOOD music for me and my children. I really appreciate the extra help in raising my kids in this system. The songs and lyrics are so catchy, we sing them over and over again in the car and wherever we are! The world has so little to offer that is not objectionable in some way - this CD is true to the Bible and society's publications. Thank you SO MUCH!

Was this review helpful to you? YesNo YesNo ( Report this ) (Report this)

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:We love this CD, May 31, 2005

Reviewer:Stan the Man - See all my reviews
    What a great CD! My kids, my wife and I all LOVE the wide variety and Biblical themes. It's just what we need to help our kids grow up faithful to Jehovah in this world with all its pressures. Thanks a million!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit