it sunk in!!

by heretic 12 Replies latest jw friends

• heretic
    heretic

a freind of mine who doesnt go to meetings and his wife (but the troof has a firm grip on their thinking) were quizing me on why i dont make my way back to the meetings. well i explained the UN thing and quotes website and i have a problem with those things and if it could be sorted out id come back. at one stage of the conversation it almost got heated (which is understandable as its a touchy subject for anyone who still beleives) So ANYWAY.. i stayed at their house last night and while with his wife we got to talking about the troof (it always has a habit of coming up in conversation>hmmm) I wanted to make sure she didnt go telling everyone i was saying things about the wts because an apostate tag is something id like to hold off on. and after our convo the previous time I thought it was no use with them the walls were up, which was getting me down as were all really good lifelong frends and i thought they would cut me off too, then.. she went on to explain to me how her hubby (25yo) was at his very overbearing and guilt tripping witness mothers house and his witness sister and her husband were there and he brought it up!, and demanded an explaination!! at one point saying the words (in heated tone) "I want to know, i want an explaination, the bible says be no part of the world!" apparently the mother kept saying "who told you this" "have you been on websites" the reply, "doesnt matter i want an explanation" she said the mother is talking to the elders about it. so i guess it wont be long til i get dragged in on this but im glad its this way and not because someone just said "oh joshs been saying things about the witnesses"... ahh im so proud of my buddy Oh and side point i had a nice shunning the other day 630am at the train station a guy handing out watchtowers gave me the nose in the air/ turn the shoulder treatment. man being dfd is a pain in the arse

• luna2
    luna2

Looks like you're spreading the real truth now. Good for you and good for your buddy. I love that shocked, "have you been looking at websites?" Like anything on the internet is from Satan da Debil. Oh, all except Ebay and the Watchtower's site.

Shunning, even when you have major questions about the whole JW thang, never feels particularly good but what are ya gonna do. Such a stupid little game.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

.....Oh and side point i had a nice shunning the other day 630am at the train station a guy handing out watchtowers gave me the nose in the air/ turn the shoulder treatment. man being dfd is a pain in the arse

I didn't think they could do that anymore? Fanatical unc who 'placed' mags everywhere. ::: EDIT To Add: A true story: Fulham Gardens, Adelaide South Australia. circa 1984: Our PO was out witnessing one Saturday morning with a new boy - Bro. Rouse. The householder raised his voice very loud to show off to his neighbours who were gardening in the neighbouring front yard "No, I wouldn't touch those magazines with a forty foot barge pole!" Newly baptised Bro Rouse leans close and whispers something in the guys ear. The guy goes a tad white, turns on his heal, ducks inside and comes back with a 20cent piece. The transaction complete, Bro Rouse and Bro Culhill walk out toward the gate. Bill can't wait to ask what was whispered that changed the guys mind?
    Big Bro Rouse: I just said "if you don't take these magazines I'm gonna stick 'em up your arse!"

• nelly136
    nelly136

bet he never had a problem making his quota for the month

• blondie
    blondie
    Big Bro Rouse: I just said "if you don't take these magazines I'm gonna stick 'em up your arse!"

Won't hear that at a demo at the KH or assembly!

I wonder what counsel point that is on the school?

*** w91 9/1 p. 28 Communication in the Christian Ministry ***

In order to impart information effectively, we also need to be patient and tactful . The apostle Paul was certainly tactful when he witnessed to the philosophers assembled before him on Mars’ Hill. He presented the good news in a way that they could understand. (Acts 17:18, 22-31) If we wish to communicate successfully with our listeners, we must heed the counsel the apostle Paul gave to the Colossians when he said: "Let your conversation be always gracious, and never insipid; study how best to talk with each person you meet." (Colossians 4:6, The New English Bible) Our speech should always be in good taste. Such speech will tend to open the minds of our listeners, whereas injudicious remarks will cause them to close their minds.

Close their minds and other parts of their body.

Blondie

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Bill Cuthill was 'raised in the truth' and the Adelaide City Servant at the time and was lost for words (and wouldn't work that area for over a year lol.

Bro. Rouse didn't last long ... though his family are still JW's, he kinda driffted away toward spiritistic mysticism

:::

EDIT CORRECTION: Bro Rouse's actual words were "If you don't take these bloody magazines I'm gonna stick them up your arse!" (whispered with menaces).

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You should be proud of the Apostate badge.

That quote;

"the mother kept saying "who told you this" "have you been on websites" the reply, "doesnt matter i want an explanation"

It is so typical. Avoid the question when really it doesnt matter who said it, all that matters is if it is true. It will be good for you if they can move on (it sounds like they half have if they talk to you despite being disfellowshipped). It will be your first unbaptism.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Heretic,

Good Job! Sounds like your friends will and maybe even have, checked into things themselves! Please keep us posted on how things progress.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two
    Our PO was out witnessing one Saturday morning with a new boy - Bro. Rouse. The householder raised his voice very loud to show off to his neighbours who were gardening in the neighbouring front yard "No, I wouldn't touch those magazines with a forty foot barge pole!" Newly baptised Bro Rouse leans close and whispers something in the guys ear. The guy goes a tad white, turns on his heal, ducks inside and comes back with a 20cent piece. The transaction complete, Bro Rouse and Bro Culhill walk out toward the gate. Bill can't wait to ask what was whispered that changed the guys mind?

A JWD Urban Legend...

• heretic
    heretic

yeah, well they are both unbaptised, they got married to try to work towards it but it never eventuated.

the very best thing about this is that 1. he has never been on apostate websites or talked with apostates in fact he would hate them. so when he gets quized about it he will be honestly say 'no' ,and he'll see how theyre trying to corner and label him. put him in a category

2. he is still quite young (early 20s) so theyll try to encourage him and have to listen to what he says, they have no reason not to.

3. he has been guilt tripped his whole life and its affected him, the feelings of unworthiness have been pushed on by his mother using literature to make him feel like shit (his wife wishes she never heard of the troof cos 'ignorance was bliss') so now the shoe is on the other foot hes gonna go at them and will not stop..

YES!!! i just sit back and watch the fireworks.

this is great

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit