I would like your opinion

by Soledad 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

lol Uncle Bruce

No liking yourself can be a reason someone hates being alone. Learn to love you.

But being terrified could be a phobia

• Soledad
    Soledad

I appreciate all your comments.

The reason I ask is because I started to ponder why it is I have chosen to remain in a certain situation even though it is obviously not working for me. I won't go into too many details but this question came up while I was trying something new----and that something is exciting, bold and exhilirating but very risky. So at one point I realized that the fear of being alone has dominated, subconsciously, my every move. I was wondering if maybe something happened to me in my early infancy that I may not remember but I can sense.

I have a vague memory or dream of my mother, my father and my older sister arguing loudly in our kitchen. I was sitting in a chair and I was silently crying. I think my sister was topless. I dont know if I dreamed that or if it really happened.

Again your imput is important to me. Thanks.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I was raised in a big family and got in the habit of rushing through life like a mad billygoat with too much to do and the music up loud.

Me too! Never could get a moment to myself unless I was in the bathroom. Sometimes, I did have to take a bath with my sister. I couldn't wait to get out on my own; and now that I am out on my own, I find that I get very nervous in crowds. I have panic disorder and agoraphobia; but I think that I just don't like to be around people, and that's just a fancy name given to it so the shrinks can make money.

Oh but I do like loud music, and that's only if I'm playing it!

• sf
    sf

I absolutely cherish being alone. Sleeping alone. Eating alone, unless with my daughter. Showering alone. Walking alone.

Of course, I do love having the company of others, at times. Yet, knowing that company will soon be gone is a great feeling.

sKally

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Soledad- I don't know if you would feel this was okay for you or not, but I would maybe see a hypnotist and see if you have repressed memories that are affecting your adult life now. It might help you sort out whatever issues you seem to be having.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit