One of the long term effects of growing up a JW...

by Pwned 54 Replies latest jw friends

• penny2
    penny2

unclebruce that's scary! My fear of demons was cured when I overhead some spiritualists "contacting the dead" and I realised it was all a load of baloney.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

yeah it was scary penny - I was 16 and just learing to sleep with my head out the sheets lol.

My fear of demons was cured when I overhead some spiritualists "contacting the dead" and I realised it was all a load of baloney

.. mmm can't say I'd ever overheard people doing that ..where were ya, my sisters place? (Debbie likes to dabble)

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Yep! If it's big, hairy and bites it probably lives in Oz. (like gran from Bundaberg).
    The demons are scared of Australia

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

It was in Papua actually but that's a lot closer to Bundy than suburban Adelaide

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Hey Uncle Bruce, I'm off to watch the league now and I don't want you trying on any of that freaky chicken killing mumbo-jumbo that goes on over there to stop the Kiwis from winning!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I agree with Gary above; speak to some professionals about these issues and dreams...it will help you put them into perspective and generally aid your sense of wellbeing.

Keep doing more of what you fear most; learn about the occult, there is nothing wrong with learning about these things as predominantly our fears are of the unknown or the unexpected; when you have more knowledge about these things the less you will fear them.

It worked for me anyways!

DB74

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Ok bro and I'll avoid any cheap shots about sheep or the shaky ground

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I'm so glad I had a more secular down to earth dub upbringing with none of this superstitious shit involved.

Dubs would drone on and on about how the truth had freed them from the lie about everlasting torment in hell but it seems that some of them were then filling their kids heads with crap about demon attacks!

• luna2
    luna2

JW's do pride themselves on being safe from all of that spiritualistic stuff...but I'll tell ya, I never heard so much about demons and being attacked all the time as I did when I was a dub. I went from not worrying about that sort of thing at all to being worried about it all the time. Stupid cult.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

My mum periodically conducted a demon hunt throwing out anything second hand that might be causing my sisters nightmares. I lost a lovely black suit that way (the nightmares must have been caused by some external enemy - it couldn't have had anything to do with all the talk about death & demons or the sexual abuse or the violent bashings and stuff).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit