Were Most Of The Elders Dumb--- That You Knew???

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• tan
    tan

I know of an elder that seems pretty intelligent. He's always reading, very knowledgeable of the latest news, science, sports...etc., however, did not know what MySpace.com was. Doesn't everyone???

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no - I would say 50% on our body and others were reasonably intelligent

• tan
    tan

I think they ignore the issues...now that I've researched I can't condone what they teach in any way. A lot of them like the power and control they receive in their positions. It's a shame though because other people are involved.

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding Circuit Overseers, they mostly all were Society men. They learned how to type out reports, do a little accounting and make numbers appear. The kind, loving ones were pretty basic persons. They were not, in my opinion, overly bright but they were good, nice men. The "sharper" ones were interested in power and being recognized. They were smart enough to intimidate most elder bodies.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah it's about a 20% smart hit rate. Unfortunately that's not a majority on a judicial committee.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

We had a super nutter elder for a while.

And another elder (who was soooooooooo boring and sooooooooo theocratic) who was the splitting image of David Byrne from Talking Heads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit