Were Most Of The Elders Dumb--- That You Knew???

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Sir, were we in the same Hall?

seriously...I think the 3 of us served on the same body or elders. Scary.

• sir82
    sir82

Min, not likely, I'd remember someone asking 17,943 questions!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Only if you guys served in Georgia Circuit #1...

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I'd have to go with low average intelligence.

Obviously "dumb" won't work because they do have the capacity to memorize text and give talks, but I really don't see that the majority would be able to function outside the Org.

Wifey was out with the group the other day and they returned her for better or worse. Anyway one of the Elder's children, a 4 y/o boy, was with them and he got out to say hi and pet the cat.

His mother SCREAMED when she saw what he was about to do, and he stopped and told me very seriously "Daddy says the scarlet beast with horns is a cat and I can't play with them anymore"

PLEASE don't feed the Dubz

• Confession
    Confession
    "His mother SCREAMED when she saw what he was about to do, and he stopped and told me very seriously "Daddy says the scarlet beast with horns is a cat and I can't play with them anymore"

I am both astonished and paralyzed by this statement... Can this possibly be true?

• KW13
    KW13

Loud, deaf, stupid, slow but some of them were ok.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I never met an ex Witness / ex elder I didn't think was smart.

• luna2
    luna2

I actually only remember a few who could be called dumb. Brainwashed, yes. Cruel, yes. Judgemental, yes. But not too many who were actually stupid. There were also several who were, in the main, pretty good guys. Kind of stuns me that they haven't figured it out yet, but perhaps they are too busy to take a real look at what is going on.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I never met an ex Witness / ex elder I didn't think was smart.

Gary: LOL! Don't forget - brave, too.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I don't think I'd classify the elders I knew as "dumb".

What I do have to question is - these men see more than the average JW, know what goes on behind the scenes etc. Why can't they see the inconsistencies in the JW teachings? Especially the brothers conducting the WT studies where most of the "new light" comes out.

How can they continue to teach these things? They must question things the way we have. It just doesn't make sense how so many can just swallow and follow.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit