Is it easy to fade...???

by Balaams Ass 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

WELCOME !!

We are glad to have you here! If you plan on fading, DON'T have ANY questions!! It is a huge red flag for apostacy!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Kudra
    Kudra

the whole first page of this topic is great- It's like everyone has their own war strategy--- Hilarious!
    I cannot imagine what a normal non jw would even make out of those posts. Just goes to show ya how messed up the JWs are...
    So B'sA- there ya go- 50 ways to leave your lover.

• deeskis
    deeskis

My family moved across the world to fade, but now my parents and sister/family are back in. it's easier for me in some ways cause it's not in my face all the time. I live two hours drive away from my jw relatives. I also have family who have used the depression line, but they are still shunned although only faded.

I don't think there's any easy way.................you gotta do what's best for you and yours at that time.

Best wishes

D

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I'm a new fader (only about 7 months out) although I have told my family I'm not going (at the moment). Rather than play the depression thing. I also raised a few questions with them. I feel they know which way my heart is now because they just never speak to me about the 'troof'. I'm sure behind closed doors there are whispers about my apostasy! I've had one elders visit. And I just told him I had to re-affirm my faith, because I had been baptised way too young and had no idea what I was getting into.

I have been shunned by cong members, which just proves to me how little love there is. I am not DAd, not DFd, and have no visible signs of a lifestyle that would lead to that, yet they decide to do that to me off their own backs. However I really dont care, I dont want association with those people, and my former friends have proven their loyalty by cutting off association with me. I am doing it for the family.

I can see and sometimes crave the freedom in being DAd. But that is not what I want, however if it came to a JC I would not be attending.

Good luck, it's a long slow road, but you will probably find you will be surprised how little bother you get when you stop. I think the BOE are just too busy trying to hold it all together!

Poppy

• Panda
    Panda

Balaams Ass, Welcome to the board. You will certainly find plenty of support here. My husband faded and we moved so no one has come calling. I DA'd while my husband was still an elder. A "female " friend called soon after that to talk and ask if He (Mr Panda) ever got a chance to speak with me or see me ? Well said my husband, I sleep with her every night and talk to her everyday. Gotta love that guy. So eventually the elders asked him to "standdown". He kept going to meetings for awhile, but apparently no one knew how to treat him. Gotta love the hypocits! Eventually he picked up Crisis of Conscience and read it. Like most of those who've read it and still been active it was very hard to realise that the WTS was in fact destructive. I never talked about leaving for him, he did it on his own, no fan fare just stopped going.

Moving was actually a good thing for us. It may be for you too. Is your wife pioneering for reasons of guilt or family pressure? If you have a caring relationship you'll be fine. Like I said my husband stayed in after I'd left but we were together and cared for each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit