Lying Elder???

by Confucious 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Ok...

This is a bizarre thread.

But I was talking to an elder and he was asking me if I've sinned.

And I said, "Yes. But we are all unclean."

So then he says, "Yes, but have you been immoral."

And the truth is, yes to that too. But to try to "reason" with the man - I asked...

"And so you think YOU are clean? Your telling me you never masturbated?"

And the elder looked me dead in the eye and said, "No."

So I said, "Wow... and you're telling me - in front of Jehovah, that you never fantasied about another woman before?" (hoping to make the connection that - he who looks... has already committed adultry in his heart. - thus showing that he was a hypocrite.)

And he again, looked me dead in the eye and said, "No - that he never had a fantasy about another woman."

So I guess my plan backfired???

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - he is lying his head off -or he is homosexual and does not fantasize about women

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

maybe he fantasizes about men? lol

• Highlander
    Highlander

When someone denies having ever masturbated,, isn't that typically the same person that spanks the monkey ten times a day?

• Forscher
    Forscher

It also sounds to me like he was fishing. That's one of the reasons I have nothing to do with them anymore. One always has to be careful what one says to a fellow Dub anymore, even if that fellow Dub is one's spouse!
    Forscher

• blondie
    blondie

Liar, liar, pants on fire, swinging on a telephone wire.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Confucious - I admire your boldness in asking such a question. Quite right too. Maybe you should have followed his answer of ''NO'' with ''And you've never lied either?'' (John 8v44, the Devil being the Father of the lie etc)

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

He's a liar, the biggest lie, man says he never masturbated, 2nd biggest lie, man says he quit.

If he ain't lying he is homsexual, or born without one. My guess he is lying.

• luna2
    luna2

I would imagine that there might be one or two guys in the world that never played with themselves. Kinda doubt that this dude is one of them. Typical WTS flunky answers. I'm sure he felt that his lies were told for pure reasons, like he wanted to be Encouraging, Upbuilding, and Set a Good Example....plus he was probably mortally embarrassed to tell the truth.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Those are embarassining questions that few are prepared to answer straight so most likely he was being evasive, though I understand he was intrusive with you so you had the right to be intrusive with him. But he would be a saint if he didn't commit any sexual misdemeanours as defined by the JWs, and others. In a sex obsessed society that's just not possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit