Anyone ever have a psychic reading?

by Woofer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Woofer
    Woofer

Ok I know growing up that psychics were a big "no-no" "because they get their information from the demons" but I have to admit that I have had a few readings in the last couple of years..

I have consulted a few times with two different psychics. I am amazed at their accuracy.

For instance, my fiance was looking for a job about a year ago so I consulted with this psychic and she told me he would find a job with a company that has the letter "W" in it and that he would be very successful there. In fact he did find work with a company with a W in their first name and only after being there a year he got a huge promotion. His promotion will take effect June 1st.

My fiance and I broke up last year and she told me that within 90 days we would be back together and engaged again. Exactly 89 days after breaking up he asked me to marry him again.

We wanted to buy a house and I consulted again (in December) and she told me that we would close on the house right around the time of the wedding (we are closing this Friday and our wedding is in June). She also told me that she gets a feeling that there is water nearby where we will buy. Our development has a reference to water in the name. She also told me that within 2 months of looking we will find our house. We started looking in February and made an offer on a house in April.

Does anyone wonder how some of them can be so accurate? Also, even though I have had a few readings I have never seen ghosts, or had demons bother me in anyway at all.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I know skeptics poo-poo psychic stuff. But I've had personal experience with it myself and find it useful. You know you're going to get a ton of people saying your wacked out and so am I. Be forwarned.

Balsam

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

ive had it done twice..the first time was right on and great,but the second one was so bad and so not believeable.bizarre specifics like a toothache and hitchhiking..the first one was more of a "you are so cool,smart and wonderful,etcetc"thing.I used to read the tarot for folks..after a while,you learn what they want to hear...money talks...coincidently,the good reading i had was cheaper than the stupid one...hmmm.go figure...

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I will not eat at the table of demons ...I might grab a snack though. YOu are freaking crazy of you do. I pray for u to mighty Allah.

• Mary
    Mary

Well I'm not sure if you call it a "reading", but a few years ago, one of my co-workers was all excited about some 'predictions' her psychic had made. To me, they were so general, that she could have paid me the $50.00 and I could have told her the same thing. She insisted that this woman knew stuff that she shouldn't have known and wanted me to come along so she could show me how genuine this woman was. So we went (it was at a Fair for god's sake). Anyhoo, I asked the woman if she had any message from my late husband. She did. He wanted me to know how much he loved me but wanted me to go on with my life. I said "That's really interesting seeing as I've never been married." She was embarassed, pissed off and angry but I think I got my point across. If she genuinely was psychic, she should have immediately known that I was not married. She didn't, so to me, she was a fake.

I'm not saying there's strange things that can easily be explained. Heck, I've had dreams that have come true. It freaks me out when it happens and I have no explanation for it. But I don't dwell on it either.

I think the majority of psychics are frauds. Some psychics do what is called a hot reading which simply means, they have hard information about you that they have gained through a variety of surreptitious methods. They may have done research on you and that's why they know things they shouldn't know. They may have an accomplice who chats you up, listens to your conversations, has you fill out a card, or the like. The psychic herself may chat you up before the reading and get information from you that she can use later.

What I'd like to know is: why didn't any of Princess Diana's psychics warn her of her impending doom on August 31, 1997?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Not only have I had one, I have done them for people many times.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no -probably one of the last taboos as a witness

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I've had my palm read; It seems my life line and my love line intersect toward the end of each.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

no, I would not want to know! One of my friends from High School had a reading saying she would be killed in automobile accident, but so far she is still alive. I would hate to be in her shoes when the psychic say something like that!

• Undecided
    Undecided

If someone can foretell your future you have no control of it, it's already decided or they can control it. I don't beleive it can be done.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit