My study conductor is trying to make me feel bad

by cev 14 Replies latest jw friends

• cev
    cev

Hi

My study conductor is now sending me emails try to make me feel bad about leaving the study and the congregation.

How do I over come this? In a way im sorta starting to feel withdrawl symptoms from leaving the congregation.

Chris

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What he is doing is called Spiritual Abuse.

The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse
    by David Johnson
  • Emma
    Emma

You need to fill your time with new, more constructive activities and people. Get in touch with old friends you haven't talked to in a while. You will get over this!

• KW13
    KW13

Change number, block his e-mails. If you've left he has no right. Before doing any of those, go see him and give it him straight, tell him to stop doing it.

• CincinnatiKid
    CincinnatiKid

First you should realize that he probably has good intentions. This will help you from feeling anger at the person.

Second, being on the fence is the hardes place to be. You need to feel confident in your decision not to continue with the cong.
    * Make a list of the reasons you've decided to discontinue your attendence.
    * Sit down and write a letter to this person (you never have to send it) and tell him how you really feel.

The point of this is for you to realize why your doing the things that your doing and in the end make a pact with yourself. It also is a good why to find out what additional things you might need to do to get off the fence. (Study additional info? Take a last jump one way or another?)

• Mary
    Mary
    My study conductor is now sending me emails try to make me feel bad about leaving the study and the congregation. How do I over come this?

If you're trying to avoid getting DF'd, then just email him back and say you're suffering badly from depression right now and the meds the doctor has put you on is causing you to see smurfs running around your home with crosses around their necks. You've tried calling out Jehovah's name, but that just makes the smurfs grow bigger and bigger and one of them spoke to you telling you to invite your bookstudy conductor over to the house. Tell him you won't be coming back till you're on the right medication and then thank him for his time.

I guarantee he won't contact you again.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It takes time, but once the void is filled you'll be right. A clean break is best, you need to make up your mind and not look back, you will feel so relieved once you do.

• LDH
    LDH

First you should realize that he probably has good intentions. This will help you from feeling anger at the person.

Second, being on the fence is the hardes place to be. You need to feel confident in your decision not to continue with the cong.

* Make a list of the reasons you've decided to discontinue your attendence.

* Sit down and write a letter to this person (you never have to send it) and tell him how you really feel.

The point of this is for you to realize why your doing the things that your doing and in the end make a pact with yourself. It also is a good why to find out what additional things you might need to do to get off the fence. (Study additional info? Take a last jump one way or another?)

Nicely put, CK.

• rebel8
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    My study conductor is trying to make me feel bad

.....that's his job. I guarantee it (your withdrawal symptoms) will get better.................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit