Baby Murdered -- JW literature found at scene.....

by Alana 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Alana
    Alana

I didn't know if this had been posted yet. Another death with a loose JW connection.....it doesn't say they were JW's, but that they had a JW materials......but, no matter what, it's a sad, sad situation.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/9077272/detail.html?subid=22100415&qs=1;bp=t

Baby Found Dead In Yard

Slaying Result Of Possible Religious Sacrifice

POSTED: 4:47 pm EDT April 28, 2006

A 9-month-old boy who was found dead in a neighborhood on Detroit's eastside Friday morning, may have been killed as a form of religious sacrifice.

According to police, Raphael Thomas and his live-in girlfriend, Betty Jenkins, were involved in a Bible study in their Detroit home when Thomas and his girlfriend began to argue.

The two exchanged words and Thomas grabbed hold of a can of red spray paint and wrote the word "revelations" on the walls throughout the home. He tossed his Bible outside along with other items that may be linked to a Jehovah Witness, according to police.

Thomas then grabbed his son and left the home, Local 4 reported.

Jenkins phoned police, but help didn't come in time. Thomas was found walking along Gratiot Avenue in Detroit stabbing himself. He inflicted more than 30 knife wounds on his body, according to police.

The baby was not with Thomas, but was found dead a short time after in the back yard of a home. Police said the baby had been mutilated from the inside out.

Thomas told police he freed his baby from the evils of the earth, leading investigators to believe the slaying of the baby was a form of religious sacrifice.

The man was taken to Detroit Receiving Hospital and treated with nearly 200 stitches. He remains in the psychiatric ward of the hospital.

Police said they didn't receive the 911 call until about 2:20 a.m., but a neighbor of the family said he phoned police at 10:30 p.m.

The child's mother is not in custody and not involved in the death of the baby.

The father is facing charges of murder.

Police continue to investigate, and the issue of the 911 call remains uncertain.

• luna2
    luna2

Well, Dad there sounds nuts or on drugs. Seems to me like they could have been studying dopey dub material or something more mainstream and he still would have gone off the deep end. What an awful thing!

• unique1
    unique1

That is just Horrible!!!!

• Jourles
    Jourles

Great. Just what the org needs - more bad publicity.

9 months old? Jeezus. Some people are just plain whacked.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That poor child and mother! What a tragedy.

• Scully
    Scully

Sounds like someone went off their psychiatric medications.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    He remains in the psychiatric ward of the hospital

Yeah, what Scully said. ANY literature would set a guy like that off.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

thats just plain sick! Poor baby.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Oh this sickens me. I wouldn't blame the witness literature or anything. Just a sick sick person.

I know this is really disgusting but as I read the article I really didn't know what this meant:

Police said the baby had been mutilated from the inside out.
  • Scully
    Scully
    I know this is really disgusting but as I read the article I really didn't know what this meant:
    Police said the baby had been mutilated from the inside out.

Possibly sodomized with the same knife the guy was stabbing himself with. The knife probably penetrated through the abdomen that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit