I think my parents arent talking to me for good this time

by Es 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

yeah perhaps......i mean they are never going to accept my way of life, it is better this way i know that and i have been fine with it i guess i just figured that maybe she would have said hi at least

es

• Scully
    Scully

(((( Es ))))

That's how it goes with my folks too. It sucks, but they are the ones who are choosing a cult over being in your life and the lives of your children. If that's the game they are playing, I wouldn't reward that behaviour by being extra nice (or even normal nice/loving) toward them. No birth announcement when your baby comes. No pictures of your children. They are cutting YOU out of their lives... so give them what they claim they want: NOTHING. They'll get all upset about not getting a birth announcement. They'll be mad (and embarrassed) that they don't have any photos of their grandchildren. If your mum calls and asks why, just say "Do you remember the last time I called you on May 1, 2006? I do. I'm only respecting YOUR wishes." *click*

That's how I look at my situation, and honestly, I wouldn't want my children exposed to all that emotional blackmail crap anyway... they're better off, and they know full well (they are teenagers now) about the choice my folks made. My kids want nothing to do with them.

Let your hubby's parents enjoy the children. You'll never have to fight over where you spend Christmas or birthdays or Mother's Day or Father's Day or Easter or vacation. You'll be with people who really want to spend that time with you. It will be your parents' loss... not yours, not your children's. And you won't have the stress of trying to figure out how to walk on eggshells trying to keep the lines of communication open between you and your folks. It's not your job to keep trying to fit into their cult lifestyle, dancing to the shots they fire at your feet. It's their job to apologize to you for the appalling way they've treated you (and by extension, your husband and children) in order to have the approval of their cult. Until that happens, just love your husband, your babies and yourself. That's all that matters anyway.

• Es
    Es

Thanks Scully, yeah i never told them i was pregnant, im sure my nan has, i havnt sent them any recent photos of Blake either, i have said alot recently they dont deserve to be parents or grandparents for that matter.

And you right they should be the one apologising, i know that i never will, i have nothing to apologise for.

thanks hun

es

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh, Es, I am so sad for you. I don't know if you saw my ANGER!!! thread. This kind of thing, realizing that the shunning is final, is what made me feel so angry passing a sparkly new KH the other day. I am about to go get my grandsons to come to live with me indefinitely. I cannot imagine treating you are your sons this way. I could never do it, even if I was still IN. It'd be the final straw, I'm sure. You're such a beautiful young lady and your family is so precious. I'd never, ever shun you. I know that doesn't help, but I wouldn't.

• Es
    Es

ohh babe thanks love you heaps.

Yeah i just read your thread big hugs to you too.

I could never imagine doing that to my children same as you even if i was still IN.

es

• luna2
    luna2

What a shame, Es! A shame for them mostly. I know it hurt to have your mother hang up on you, but they are the ones who are really missing out.

How proud Jehoober must be of his people who ignore their families in order to make sure they don't miss out on the big PRIZE of neverending everlasting torment life with a bunch of other selfish, self righteous, dingbats. You know, it's a good thing that the JW carrot is just a bunch of bunk...they'd prolly kill each other off within the first hundred years.

• Es
    Es

lol Luna

love your new avatar

es

• blondie
    blondie

So they had been shunning your husband, but not you.

Actually, around here they would do the opposite, shun you, the wicked JW or ex-JW, and be nice to your husband, the non-JW, and possible convert. Poor him and poor you.

I think some JWs just love to shun and judge because it makes them feel so holy.

Blondie

• Es
    Es

yeah def, im sure they do too

Yeah up until Oct they were still talking to me, the funny thing is is Aug i took Mike along for a day of the Convention to basically force my dad to meet him. It was so fake he welcomed him with open arms sat next to him, even had lunch with us. So they were not worried bout being seen with us as a couple in front of 10,000 other JW, but then when it came to social things well then they couldnt be seen with us WTF!!!!

es

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

So sorry about that es. I know how you feel because when I became a Witness, most of my Roman Catholic Family stopped speaking to me for a long time including my parents. One thing that helped me to get thru the pain of it, was to keep a journal and write down my feelings daily about it. Hopefully one day they will come around and realize that it is just not right to ignore your own flesh and blood. It is truly a tragic situation. So sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit