Another loss...we love you Mulan

by Princess 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Mulan and Princess, I haven't been here long, but want to express my heartfelt sympathy for your loss. My grandmother had breast cancer. And I was with my step-aunt when she died from lung cancer. I know what it is to take care of and be there for someone who needs you.

I came across the following in a book I was reading on terminally ill persons. I thought I'd post it here......

"If I had my life to live over...
    I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...
    I'd relax. I would limber up.
    I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
    I would take fewer things seriously.
    I would take more chances.
    I would take more trips.
    I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.
    I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
    I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.

If I had it to do again, I would travel lighter next time.
    If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.
    I would go to more dances.
    I would ride more merry-go-rounds.
    I would pick more daisies."

Nadine Stair (age 85)

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thank you for that, Tatiana. I will use it when I talk on Sunday at her memorial. Thank you thank you thank you.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Marylin,

After reading 'the story' and knowing how expressive you can be, Iam certain that your portion of the service, will be a real comfort to her family and yours as well. It is evident that your comments will be filled with rememberance of your friend, not some cookie cutter, scripted service, we all had to endure as jw's.

Give her a rousing send off, would not doubt in the least...that laughing and crying will be a major part of this memorial.

The old ministry school lessons, should help...even though I hate to admit it. lol.

Danny

• lydia
    lydia

Princess and Mulan,
    My deepest sympathy for your loss. Cancer is such a tremendous burden for those left behind. Its not the loss as much as pain that the fighting this disease hurts those we love. Please know that there will be many who will be walking with you in the "Race For The Cure" Many prayers and thoughts are with you both.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I just got off the phone with the man who will be conducting the service on Sunday. He has been talked about on this board, and is a close friend of Ray Franz. He had gotten very close to Sharon in the past few months, and went to see her frequently, going by bus for two hours each way. He feels strongly that he needs to vindicate Sharon, and tell the true story of her search for the truth, and for her having been ostracized by her friends, and her mother at this crucial time in her life. Her mother did finally come around and was there with her often, but at first, kept the hard line doctrine of the dubs and wouldn't eat with her or communicate "overly much". I think there will be a few very uncomfortable people there on Sunday. I hope so!!

I will let you all know afterwards. Venice and her folks are coming. Whoooeeee!!!

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

If he is anything like Ray, he will be able to do just that. Uncomfortable is to good for those, who spread the lies about Sharon. I hope he does it, and I hope those who need to hear it will listen. You may have to be prepared for a 'walk out' but if that happens, the message will have even a greater impact.

Looking forward to your report.

Danny

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Mulan,
    So sorry for your loss! A lot seems to have happened to you and your family lately! Hopefully, you will get some much deserved good things soon!
    Thinking of you and yours,
    TW

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I'm soo sorry.

Dad talked to Dave yesterday poor guy, he sent a wonderful email about Sharon that had me crying at the library.
    We'll be there tomorrow, it's so sad that it happend this way, I know she was really suffering, it seemed to happen rather fast
    or maybe that's just from my prospective. I'm soooo glad she was able to make it on that little trip with us in May, I
    was really hoping that wasn't going to be her last vacation, but at least we had a great time, even if she wasn't running in
    the halls. I'll always remember her sitting there laughing about that, that's what I want to remember of Sharon. not the pain in
    her eyes or the fear, but the laughter that peaked through at times, when she let her gaurd down, those where the best.

We'll be there tomorrow, and if there's anything I can do let me know, I can stay a few days to help out if you want!!

Love to you and the whole fam,

Ven

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong, is to let him have his own way."---Josh Billings

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thanks again, to all of you.

Ven, that WAS a great email wasn't it? Randy Watters posted it at the end of Sharon's story on his board. I have that link somewhere in this thread.

DannyBear, thank you for the nice email!! I will give a report on her memorial tomorrow........or tonight, depending on how well I survive it.

wasasister, thank YOU SO MUCH for the suggestion about walking in the Race for the Cure. We are going to make T shirts with Sharon's picture on them. One of her sons heard us talking about this and said he wants one of them.........he would walk with us, but lives back East. We are gathering a pretty good group to do it.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit