Punishing GB members, COs and elders

by greendawn 26 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

How do you think the GB members along with the COs and elders should be punished for the way they emotionally and spiritually abuse and hurt the flocks of the naive R&F?

• Highlander
    Highlander

Make them read the wacktower and asleep magazines non-stop 24 hrs a day.

• juni
    juni

That was what impressed me w/Ray Franz. He has no animosity for these people. He tells what happened and of course it would've p***** him off, but he isn't going to allow the crap that happened turn him into a bitter and hateful person.

Though I'm sure like many of us, in private, he has some wing dingers to express his inner feelings. A lot of us express ourselves here on the board because we feel "safe" in doing so. Some of us go off "the deep end" at times, but heh that's expected when it's been bottled up for so many years.

Juni

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    How do you think the GB members along with the COs and elders should be punished for the way they emotionally and spiritually abuse and hurt the flocks of the naive R&F?

I am of the Karma belief. So what they have done or the evilness that they have let loose in the world, is what will visit them. Maybe not right away, but eventually it will return. That being said, because of my belief of Karma, I never want to wish punishment upon another person, because I am afraid it will rain down upon me in spades.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

They are all captives of a concept just as we once were. My hope is that one day most will be free from this captivity. As to punishment, thinking of myself and the 33 years that I served before I was released from captivity, this was punishment enough. GB members, C.O.'S and Elders that are still in, it is a case by case matter. Who did what to whom will take years to sort out in the legal sense. Right now that is an ongoing process,i.e Silent Lambs, Blood, Child Abuse, etc.

Blueblades

• TMS
    TMS

Finding happiness in your life and wasting precious few moments of freedom dwelling on the past.

tms

• Quentin
    Quentin

I don't think we can think of a punishment good enough...One in which there would be justice...TMS comes about as close as we could get...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Like TMS said 'finding happiness'. Living well is and will always be the best revenge. I love to here about those 'friends' asking about me. They hope to hear that you're doing bad on hard times, unhappy, or strung out on drugs and have an std, because they hear all the time, about how thats what happens when you leave the TROOF. The best thing you can do is move on with your life and watch as they struggle waiting patiently for 1914,1925,1975,2000.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Green,

I would like to see them come to the full realization of how they have misled and harmed the lives of millions, and to realize how misled they themselves were. Be forced to admit the errors of the Society, publicly apologize, and bring an end to the Watchtower organization. Then, as the doors of the Society close, with the assets used to help the JW victims of abuse, see the GB, COs, and DOs have to struggle to live and work, and experience doubts about life, just like the rest of us. Most are old, so it would be merciful in that the time remaining would not be too long for them.

As poetic justice, I wold like to see them find Jesus, and end up being mere lay persons in a Church, where they listen the the Clergy of Christendom preach at the GB, week after week.

Jim Whitney

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I think it all depends on how much hurt one has experienced from the GB, COs and elders. I only have to reflect to once again experince the absolute control over my wife's ( and small chidren's ) total submersion into a family destroying cult.

My friends say, " Don't think about it "

Yeah, okay, I tell them. "I won't think about it."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit