Would you fight and possibly die for your country?

by free2beme 57 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I want to put this in the right frame, as what is happening in Iraq is not about dying for our countries. So this is what I mean by this question.

If a foreign government were to suddenly invade your country. Would you be willing to join the arm forces to fight for your country, knowing full well that you may die having never been able to reap the benefits of any possible victory? As a Witness, we were told to just take it and accept the invasion as another example of the failures of man, but would you still be reluctant to not fight today?

• JH
    JH

I don't know.

I wouldn't feel good knowing that I killed someone, in war or not, and on the other hand I wouldn't want to be killed.

• garybuss
    garybuss

My country doesn't need anybody to fight or die for it ever, it's just dirt and rock and water.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I agree with JH on this one. I really have no idea what I would do, but I wouldn't want to kill anyone.

• blondie
    blondie

I won't die for an abstract idea

But

If someone is trying to kill you, I'm your woman. I know I woud defend myself and you and if it ends up with their death, I can live with it.

Blondie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Peter, get a sword, so Peter cut an ear off. Peter put your sword away, I'll put the ear back on.?????????????

Blueblades

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I agree with Blondie.

• dvw
    dvw

blondie, yer da man! er, woman. if someone was threatening my well being, my family's well being, or an otherwise innocent person, i would kill with absolutely no conscience. while i prefer not to die, that is the chance you take when you engage in combat with another person(s).

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes absolutely

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes, I would now. Probably getting a bit too old though. When I was at college I went to my local recruitment centre for some info and it turns out our local regiment is the signals section. Problem is I can't see the difference between red and green so that is a bit of a problem if you are starting out in signals 101.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit