Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-30-06 WT Study (False Worship)

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nowuask
    nowuask

"Go On Walking in Wisdom"......hum......must mean that if you are no longer a JW,(disfellowship or other) they can still talk to you in the open. Parg 14 reads: Should we hold ourselves completely aloof from those who do not share our faith? The answer is no. The second of the two greatest commandments states: "You must love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:39) Parg 18 reads: After learning Bible truths, how tragic it would be if one regressed to false worship....What happens if they chose to leave the WBTS. They are not returning to false worship. Another great job Blondie!!!!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Blondie,

Thank you once again for all your efforts we really appreciate it!

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Yes this article stuck in my gullet too - for many of the reasons Blondie outlined. Talk about pot and kettle!

Bonnie_Clyde: Thinking the same thing about the 'derogatory, arrogant comments' - what have they just been doing, calling non-JWs' religions whorish etc? How short a memory the WTS have when talking about false doctrines!

The only reason NOT to make derogatory, arrogant comments and not shun 'false worshipers' is because it's good PR - that's what came over to me.

Even my ultra-loyal MIL thought this article was dreadful. She had an interested person with her and my MIL was squirming.

The WTS have made a faux pas with this one, I think. You're meant to bring interested ones and sweeten them up on the so-called 'Special' Talk, and then you hit them with a WT lesson like this!

Own goal!

• heathen
    heathen

Man oh man , they just seem to continue with the lies and manipulation . Unbelieveable how people could sit thru that and not mention the towers short comings . You know they did too and gave those lame anwers of how pious the WTBTS is compared to everybody else . Where's the truth in that? Now that the history of the ORG. is smeared all over the web you would think they could show some humility but instead we see more arrogant propaganda . Jeeze I mean how many times did the world end? Some good points made too by posters .

17) As Jehovah's Witnesses, we avoid being harsh or arrogant toward others. We certainly do not use derogatory terms to describe people of other religions. Instead, we are tactful, even if the householder, neighbor, or workmate is-unkind or uses abusive terms.-Colossians 4:6; 2 Timothy 2:24

It's hard to not use derogatory terms since the bible does use them . So what are they saying , "it's ok to trash them when not talking to them"? be like, excuse ma'am but did you know god thinks you are a whore? That'll sell some magazines wouldn't it . I also know they tried to tell me one time that false religion was equal to homosexuality and was an abomination . Oh I wish I could remember all the stupid things these people say off the cuff , it's coming back to me slowly ...................................

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks Blondie......well done as usual. And as per usual, I'm gonna put my spin on it:

"....Millions are enslaved to superstitions, (like believing there's demunz behind everything) rituals (5 meetings a week and 10 hours of service every month, plus one and two day assemblies, the summer assembly and "special talks" day), and celebrations that offend our Creator. (Like burfdays and Christmas? Guess they didn't offend the Creator that much, cause Charles Russell and a trove of other "annointed ones" all celebrated them for years, yet they're (apparently) reigning in heaven as we speak).

Likely, you have neighbors and relatives who believe Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 in a fiery hell, that the Governing Body should be treated like gods a triune God, the immortality of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society soul, or some other false teaching like God will murder you and your children forever if you celebrate their birthday."

I didn't go to the uh "Special Talk" today (was too busy plucking my eyebrows and watching the clouds drift by ), so I have no idea what it was about. I'll go out on a limb here and take a wild guess that it talked about how we're "deep, deep" into the time of the end, how we shouldn't lose faith in the Borganization, that the Big A is right around the corner and they're going to need all our help cleanin' up all those dead bodies afterwards.........Did anyone actually go? Do I collect $200.00 for getting the right answer??

• juni
    juni

Thanks, Blondie for the your hard work.

Yep. How embarrassing for peoples' bible studies to hear this after the Special Talk. If I had a b. study student there of mine I, too, would be squirming.

How do they think that this kind of study would be appropriate for new ones who they would like to continue??

I guess they're more interested in hitting them over the head w/a hammer and feeling that they delivered God's message to "change your ways" or else you can expect divine judgment.

Juni

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Thanks Blonide, for more insight into the WT’s “insight!” I did have a few drinks though to get through it all! – hehe!

Well, another article that separates “them” from “us!” “We’re very special!” “We have the ‘truth’!” – Simply more mind-programming! Nauseating!

If “JW’s hate false religion” then why does the WT continue to get involved with the UN? Isn’t that “riding on the back” of the “wild beast?” (And for most on those on this board, I don’t have to explain this any further.)

Thanks for the coverage once again!

• heathen
    heathen
    why does the WT continue to get involved with the UN?

I think it's because they are losing property and there is abuse of it's members in countries like malawie and former soviet republic of georgia . That's when they seem to have started to waver once again on the issue of superior authorities . I guess God was not interested in protecting thier real estate so they made their refuge a lie and trusted in man made "justice" .

• barry
    barry

I remember years ago a catholic man came to a service at the SDA church but had to get special permission from his priest. We couldnt beleive the catholic church had so much power over people.

On the other hand protestants from other churches would come regularly to the SDA church once a year to take the divine service and promopt the bible society with no problems.

I beleive the catholics even now when they go to another demonination beleive they are not worshiping god in true way and attendance at another church cant be substituted for weekly attendance at the catholic church.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Hi barry,

Many years ago as a JW I had a ‘study’ with an SDA member (a wonderful person I actually felt closer to as the brothers in the KH) and he told me they have and use many of the WT publications at there church library. Our difficulty was that I couldn’t go to his meetings neither could he come to mine. My observation so far is, SDA consider attending other churches as an act of false worship. Do you know what the SDA standpoint is on this matter? Thank you.

Only much later did I find out SDA and JW have a common origin in William Miller’s teachings and false predictions.

Regards,

freetosee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit