Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-30-06 WT Study (False Worship)

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• barry
    barry

Gday freetosee, You must have missunderstood SDAs go anywhere. I went to the memorial a few years ago and I even invited my SDA minister to come along and he did come along to keep me company. Some fanatic SDAs may not go to another church but that would be unusual. I know of meetings where the local SDAs were invited to a penticostal church starting up and where the SDAs were uncomfortable at them speaking in toungs.

SDAs still beleive they are right and everyone else is mistaken but at the same time when they are worshiping with other christians they beleive they are worshiping god. There is no official position with SDAs on attendance at other churches. Barry

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Bravo Blondie always appreciate the Watchtower workups-Danny

• heathen
    heathen

barry-- I've always heard that the SDA members actually participate in the lords evening meal which also include the washing of feet . True or not true? Is it done on the same night as the WTBTS? The WTBTS seems to think it's ok just to do it at sundown wherever you are but the correct time should be whenever the sun goes down in jerusalem I think .

• barry
    barry

Gday heathen, The SDAs do have footwashing usually before the bread and grapejuice and this service is held each quarter or every three monthsat the divine service the main one SDAs have. The communion service is open to all who are baptized including those of other denominations that are baptized.

There is some dispute in some churches as to wheather the foot washing should be held before or after the communion service..Traditionally it has been held before and it is a time to make things right with other beleivers. It is also called the ordinance of humility.

If any JWs feel they would like to partake they would be free to go and there would be no problem they may only be asked if they are baptized. They wouldnt have to be baptized SDA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit