Article re New Members of The Governing Body

by BluesBrother 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I remember when there was talk in the 90s that as the old geezers died off, they'd need to use brothers from the other sheep class and that they were being groomed for it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Interesting responses. I did not expect so much interest.

If Blondie or Euphemism or anybody has personal knowlege of any GB appointee having taken the emblems previously then I stand corrected . That information is not made public and so the rank and file are not going to know. We do know that the whole concept of this "Nethanim " analogy was that the assistants are taken from the "other sheep," and seen as the lowly hewers of wood and drawers of water who slaved at the temple.

According to Barbara Anderson there have been seven of these men appointed to the G B , from a small group comprised "mainly" of other sheep. The article in March 15th Wt simply states that "All members of the Governing Body are anointed Christians" and gives no further detail.

Regarding Barbara she says she was researching for the Writing Dept almost until she "slipped away" from the WT in 1997, she lists articles for which she contributed in the mid '90s

So where does that leave us ? Of course this is speculative.. I cannot judge anybody's heart and they will answer to their maker. Perhaps it is psych logical, that spending so much time with anointed men would make one really believe it. But I still think it is a very strong co incidence!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    ...maybe even baptize the dead like the Mormons do

Not going to be easy post-cremation BUT on the plus side, easier for them to go out in FS. Obviously in a group.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Once, an elder who claimed to know Gerrit Lösch told me that he used to be if the "other sheep". When his wife had died he began to take from the bread and wine.

I tried to confirm this on the German boad: http://www.sektenausstieg.net/smf/index.php?topic=1812.0

There, a former JW, who also claims to know Lösch in person, told me that his wife was still alive. But he did not know if Lösch used to be of the "great crowd".

Any more info on that one?

• GermanXJW
  • sir82
    sir82

So, if there are any "ambitious" and young male JWs out there, here's the career track:

Knock yourself out now, volunteer to go where "the need is greater", go to MTS school, get your mug in front of every CO who happens along...

Get yourself appointed to be a sub CO by the time you're in your 30's....

Get yourself named full CO by your mid-late 30's...

Start partaking around about now....

Get yourself invited to Bethel when in your 40's, be a total 100% brain-dead "company man"...

Get yourself appointed into the Nethinim....

If your timing is good, the current crop of 50-60 year-old GB'ers who have recently been appointed will start dropping off, and you can take their place!

• Gill
    Gill

So Funny!

Especially I found Blondie's quote of their being 'annointed when appointed.' Shows how much BS a person can accept when their brain has ceased to function!

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

One thing that I read on another thread a few weeks ago(can't remember where it is) is that although for a long time the R&F have been fed the BS that the anointed were sealed back in 1935.......in the recent book "Worship the Only True God" from 2002, it says the following on page 179 paragraph 10:

"First, there was the gathering of the remnant of those anointed by God's spirit, who have the hope of being with Christ as part of the heavenly kingdom. Though such ones were scattered among the nations, they were brought into organizational unity. The completion of the sealing of these anointed ones draws near."

Huh? And I bet none of the R&F caught this, they slid it right under everyones noses!!!

IC

• blondie
    blondie
    Especially I found Blondie's quote of their being 'annointed when appointed

Sorry, actually, what I thought I said is that they were already annointed before they were appointed, even if only for a few years.

Blondie

• sir82
    sir82
    The completion of the sealing of these anointed ones draws near."

In JW-lingo, in the semantics games that they play, "sealing" is not the same as "selecting".

As I recall, the 144,000 are "sealed" when all of them are either (a) in heaven or (b) even though still on earth, God has read their hearts sufficiently well enough to know that they will not fall away and be unfaithful. I think (b) is supposed to happen just prior to, or during, Armageddon.

So, per the JW world view, the "selection" of new members ended in 1935. But for those selected in 1935 and before (and any replacements), they are still "unsealed" why living on the earth. Any one of them could prove unfaithful (Ray Franz is their poster boy for this). Thus, while there is a risk of anyone becoming unfaithful, the full number is not "sealed". And as Armageddon is not here yet, the number is not "sealed".

I know it's remarkably convoluted, but this is the stuff they dish out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit