Article re New Members of The Governing Body

by BluesBrother 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kaput
    Kaput
    I see new light down the road

I see all green lights for the Borg-mobile.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Where are you people getting your info from? No one on the GB is "non-anointed." Not all of the Nethinim were of the "other sheep".

I have no doubt that some of these men realized as they were climbing the Watchtower ladder, that the only way to make it to the top rung was to be of the 'anointed' class. So, what do you do, you start quietly partaking of the emblems, with as little fanfare as possible. If it works, well then you keep on partaking as you are promoted to CO, DO, etc.

I am sure all these new GB members have been partaking for at least a couple decades, and apparently it has paid off.

No Apologies

• blondie
    blondie

BTW, all of the current and past members of the GB have professed to be of the anointed for several years. Officially, then, to the rank and file they are all anointed.

The WTS projects that some day the administrative and spiritual duties of the GB will be taken over totally by the non-anointed JWs but that it is not necessary for them to become anointed to do that.

A switchover happened in the congregations back in the 1940's (or 30's). When few were called after 1935, fewer and fewer male JWs were of the anointed. Up to that point all the elders (congregation servants) had to all be anointed. The WTS opened up the "priviilege" of being an elder to the non-anointed male JWs; they did not have to become anointed to be elders.

Unless the WTS changes the definition of the GB, being only anointed male JWs, no non-anointed JWs can become members of the GB.

Blondie (IMO)

• blondie
    blondie

Euphemism said:

Just saw this thread for the first time. Definitely interesting info, but I wanted to clarify one point:
    AndersonsInfo wrote:

In time, each man came to believe he was called to become part of the “anointed remnant.” And that calling could make him available to become a member of the Governing Body.
    Hence, the “Given Ones” arrangement could prove to be a ‘proving ground’ for potential new Governing Body members.
    Narkissos wrote:

This too is very interesting (and new to me)... opportunistic "anointment"?

I don't know about the others, but Morris has been partaking for over 20 years.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/101208/1790185/post.ashx#1790185

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I had just a few points to make. First, why are they listing all these committees?? Who cares? I don't care how many fiction writers they have, does anyone else? They wouldn't list the translators of the New World Bible, so why list the members of these committees? Where is the modesty, humility, and anonymity?

I'm almost 60 years old. Maybe I think I'm now one of the anointed. Can I apply? Or does the fact that I'm the biggest "apostate" in my state mean I might not get in? Not fair. I think they need a "balanced" viewpoint on life. You know, they're insane and I'm not. Any thoughts?

Blues, good point about imputing motives. I mean, we don't do that, right? We don't tell the world that SIX BILLION people are goats are will die because they don't want to live in Rutherford's "Third Reich". But it's okay for them to do. Well, fair is fair, I always say.

To Stillajwelder: That new light you see down the road will no doubt change color or even go out when you get there. Better bring a flashlight.

Oh, I get it now. I'm a Psych graduate. I'm stained with "worldly wisdom". Far be it for me to understand the reasoning/logic/whatever of the WT. Just when I think I can figure them out by taking proper logic, turning it around 180 degrees, and going with that, they throw a wrench in the works. I'll have to go and read my books again. (I want to be number 143,997. I heard of the WT before these guys did. No fair.)

• gumby
    gumby
    In time, each man came to believe he was called to become part of the “anointed remnant.” And that calling could make him available to become a member of the Governing Body

These points were new to me also....that these "assistants" 'shortly' thereafter became of the annointed.

If this is true( and I don't doubt it isn't), what were the chances ALL these assistant's just happened to get the calling when Jehovah isn't partial to gender nor works?

Imagine...all these "younger" assistant's that happened to be in this close position with the GB, replacing wayward ones of the little flock who proved unworthy somewhere along the line.

They have dropped their standards of who qualifies for filling the role of a GB member. In the past, the years of faithful fulltime service that was required to become a GB member was 40 years....and now someone in their 50's can fill the role. Funny how Jehovah lowers his standards that way ain't it?

Gumby

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Or does the fact that I'm the biggest "apostate" in my state mean I might not get in?

Uhhhh.....yeah.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

shortly I expect there to be am article about Schroeder and then 1 about Sydlik and then one about their replacements which I am sure will be announced in the next few months

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

For the longest time 1933 was the cut off year. Then for some unknown reason 1935 became the cut off year. Then replacements not years came to be acceptable.

Blueblades

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Funny how Jehovah lowers his standards that way ain't it?

That's correct-o-mundo Gumdude. Just like lower hours for pioneers, blood fractions can be used, college is O.K. now....yadda-yadda-yadda. They'll probably find some way to "spin" infant baptisms if the numbers go down enough...maybe even baptize the dead like the Mormons do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit