by Zico 290 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    1. Yes I can read. Babylon's king was called to account but you conveniently omit the fact that in the same breath, 'the nation and the land of Chaldea' was also called to account. How were those three entities called to account? Jeremiah continues to state that it was by those things being made 'desolate' and not by the fall or demise of a ruler or city. You must read the context. Applegate confirms this understanding of matters by celebrated WT scholars by noting on pages 92 and 96 that "that Babylon will be punished and desolated after seventy years".

Your attempt at misdirection is irrelevant, and we've been through this before. Regardless of how long the eventual destruction of the nation, and the land of Chaldea took, the limiting factor was the judgement of Babylon's king, which was definitely in 539. All 3 of these "entities" could only be called to account after the 70 years ended, so it doesn't matter one iota how long after that the other two were judged once the king was called to account. To clarify, none of the 3 would be judged before the 70 years ended, so when any were called to account, then the 70 years were over. The king is the limiting factor.

2. Indeed get a third party perspective on the meaning of that paragraph in the Isaiah commentary but better still you should study the entire volume for context because that is what you are missing. Context man! context, something of which apostates fail to grasp. There is no need to mention 537 BCE because this is not the context of Jeremiah's seventy years but that of Isaiah's seventy years for Tyre and Tyre alone.

You naive fool. You don't seem to understand... I've been there, done that. I've played your side of the game, I know it backwards. And then I was honest with myself and 'made the truth (not Truthâ„¢) my own' and studied the chronology properly from the bible, entire bible books verse by verse, making detailed notes and diagrams to get a proper picture of how everything fits together.

Of course, saying "Isaiah's seventy years for Tyre and Tyre alone" is flawed, because Tyre alone was not subject for 70 years, but only part thereof; the only context for the 70 years is that given by Jeremiah, which explicitly included Tyre.

3. So where is your proof from Josephus or are you simple relying on AlanF as to What to think and How to think? Do not worry I deal with the clown at a time of my choosing.

Both of us have previously posted information on the topic. I am not your puppet. Search the history yourself.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Post 925

1. No there was no limiting factor except in your imagination. Jerermiah did not discriminate in the that specific message of judgement as it was holus bolus judgement of king-country-land by means of desolation. That is what the prophet said. These three entities experienced that judgement after the seventy years ended as acknowledged by Applegate.

2. What you studied was apostate litterature which ensnared you away from the truth to now rely on a useless and dead chronology. In the case of Tyre her seventy years as a 'round ' number simply representedf Babylon's greatest domination which was during the Jeremiac seventy years from 607 until 537 BCE.

3. No, you have not posted this information but as a puppet of Alan F you have onlyrelied on his nonsense.

scholar JW

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Terry

I am rather flattered, honoured and humbled to be cast in the same mould by you with the late Frederick William Franz who undoubtedly was the greatest Bible Scholar of all time.

scholar JW

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

I am rather flattered, honoured and humbled to be cast in the same mould by you with the late Frederick William Franz who undoubtedly was the greatest Bible Scholar of all time.

I wish that we could feign suprise at what honors you, or as Moore more aptly put it, 'Adulation is the death of virtue'. HS

• AlanF
    AlanF

Scholar pretendus the goat-buggerer said to Jeffro:

: No, you have not posted this information but as a puppet of Alan F you have onlyrelied on his nonsense.

Your view of what constitutes "nonsense" is most certainly determined by the same lack of mind that allows you to think that Fred Franz was "the greatest Bible Scholar of all time", even while claiming that no one knows the identity of the spiritually inebriated Watchtower scholars who formulated the New World Translation.

As for Josephus' disproof of the Watchtower Society's claim that the Jews returned to Judah in 537 B.C., answer the following questions:

Do you deny that Josephus states that the temple was begun to be rebuilt in the 2nd year of Cyrus?

Do you deny that the 2nd year of Cyrus spanned 537-536 B.C. (March/April 537 to February/March 536)?

Do you deny that the 2nd month of Cyrus' 2nd year was Iyaar (April/May)?

Do you deny that this 2nd month was in 537 B.C.?

Do you deny that Ezra 1-3 states that the temple foundations were laid in the 2nd month Iyaar (April/May) of the year after the Jews returned to Judah?

Do you deny that the Jews returned to Judah in Tishri (September/October) of 537 B.C.?

Do you deny that, if the Jews returned to Judah at that time, then the 2nd month of the year after which they returned was Iyaar (April/May) of 536 B.C.?

Do you deny that Iyaar of 536 B.C. was in Cyrus' 3rd year?

Do you still claim that Josephus does not contradict Watchtower claims about when the temple was begun to be rebuilt?

Of course you continue to deny it. That's what makes you scholar pretendus the goat-buggerer.

AlanF

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    1. No there was no limiting factor except in your imagination. Jerermiah did not discriminate in the that specific message of judgement as it was holus bolus judgement of king-country-land by means of desolation. That is what the prophet said. These three entities experienced that judgement after the seventy years ended as acknowledged by Applegate.

Jeremiah 25:11,12,26; Daniel 5:26.

2. What you studied was apostate litterature which ensnared you away from the truth to now rely on a useless and dead chronology. In the case of Tyre her seventy years as a 'round ' number simply representedf Babylon's greatest domination which was during the Jeremiac seventy years from 607 until 537 BCE.

I used the following tools to arrive at my interpretation: the Bible (various translations), the Insight volumes and other Society publications, the complete works of Josephus, a language concordance, the website of the British Museum, paper, and a pen. I know your brainwashed mind requires that I must have looked at some nasty 'apostate' (using your narrow incorrect JW use of the word) literature, but alas I didn't need any. You might like to keep in mind, though, that to say I did use apostate literature is libelous.

The 'seventy years' specifically for Tyre didn't in actuality go anywhere close to 70 years (actually it was about 34 years), so you can't just say that it was a round number. (And I know you don't like saying that any mention of 70 years in the bible could possibly be a round number!) The only valid conclusion is that Tyre's subjection was part of the 70 years during which many nations (explicitly including Tyre) would serve Babylon.

3. No, you have not posted this information but as a puppet of Alan F you have onlyrelied on his nonsense.

Actually I did. If you missed it, that's your fault.

In any case, isn't it about time you actually presented something concrete rather than generalisations, unfounded claims, and quotes lifted out of context. Why don't you find just one source... 1, that lends any actual credence to 607... that actually says 'this may actually have happened in 607.' Good luck

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

post 926

Jeremiah 25:11,12, 26 refers to the seventy years for Judah and that the Foreign Nations would also receive judgement similar to Judah. Daniel 5;26 refers to the Fall of Babylon. There is no immediate conncection between these two sets of different prophecies.

2. In addition to your listed research materials you omitted apostate literature. The seventy years is considered a 'round number' according to modern commentators in connection with Tyre. Yes, indeed Tyre was one of the foreign nations made to serve Babylon during Judah's servitude to Babylon.

The seventy years is the best and greatest witness to the accuracy of 607 BCE for no other evidence is necessary. Your use of Josephus or your misuse of his writings is borrowed from Alan F who fails to provide evidence against 537 BCE.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jeremiah 25:11,12, 26 refers to the seventy years for Judah and that the Foreign Nations would also receive judgement similar to Judah. Daniel 5;26 refers to the Fall of Babylon. There is no immediate conncection between these two sets of different prophecies.

There is no hope for you, but for your delusions. Good luck to you.

2. In addition to your listed research materials you omitted apostate literature. The seventy years is considered a 'round number' according to modern commentators in connection with Tyre. Yes, indeed Tyre was one of the foreign nations made to serve Babylon during Judah's servitude to Babylon.

That's right! Didn't need any. Hurts your tiny brain doesn't it.

34 years is hardly a 'round number' for 70, so I don't really care what others want to call it.

The seventy years is the best and greatest witness to the accuracy of 607 BCE for no other evidence is necessary. Your use of Josephus or your misuse of his writings is borrowed from Alan F who fails to provide evidence against 537 BCE.

You don't have any basis for the end-point (and therefore the starting-point as well) for your 70 years. It has nothing at all as a foundation, which even further highlights that fact that it is simply dogma to uphold a doctrine. You can point to no evidence for it, so you try to tear down someone else.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Scholar pretendus goatus buggerus wrote:

: Your use of Josephus or your misuse of his writings is borrowed from Alan F who fails to provide evidence against 537 BCE.

What a fucking idiot. Read my post #4440 immediately above. Then answer the questions.

AlanF

• Quentin
    Quentin

I'm the greatest bible scholar of all time...Franz came to me in a dream and told me so...did you have a dream too scholar? Now scuse me while I look for another thread to ramp up my posting numbers...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit