Special Talk 4/30/06

by TooBad TooSad 19 Replies latest jw friends

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

My wife asked me if I was going to the special talk this Sunday? I told her no and she said "how could I miss the Special Talk?" I asked her what was so special about it? Then I mentioned to her that I went to the Special Talk last year with her and that if it was so special can she tell me just one thing from last years talk and of course she could not.

I then told her that I already know all of the information in the talk because I down loaded the outline that we all recieved from this site on 4/26/06 and gave her the outline and told her that she will not have to take notes now on Sunday. The information in the outline is the same information that I have heard for the past 25 years.

Has anyone thought about coping about 50 of these outlines and putting them on the windows of the witnesses when they attend the meeting this Thursday? If this were to happend it would really cause a tremendous ruckus!!!!!!!

Have a great day.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

That is a brilliant idea - and if I knew where my local hall car park was then I would - but I'd probably end up putting outlines on innocent non JW neighbours windscreens and they might think its an invite!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings TooBad TooSad,

I asked her what was so special about it?

Careful with those kinds of questions. They're confounding, and you could be branded apostate.

Dismembered

• carla
    carla

Do you mean they are not to know anything before hand? Or that they would be suprised to to see apostates can get a hold of the outline? Why the ruckus?

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

It would cause a ruckus because the Special Talk is viewed as information from God himself. If the witnesses were to find the inforamtion on their windshields they may realize that it is not so special after all.

• merfi
    merfi

I've thought of doing this exact same thing.... Skulking around the parking lot Thursday night, putting copies of the outline on everyone's car. I need to check the lighting, tho, to make sure I'm not seen.

Not "special" at all, this talk. And like ya said, if everyone has the outline, no need to take notes!

~merfi

• greendawn
    greendawn

The point is that after Franz became a senile vegetable and lost his ability to think the inspiration went out of the GB and everything they offer as spiritual food is the same old boring things so there is nothing special about it.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Once you do this the congregation will assign some poor wannabe MS to patrol the parking lots.

The poor MS will miss meetings by being in the parking lot.

He'll eventually fall out of the truth all because you posted talk outlines on some windshields.

Good job.

• blondie
    blondie
    asked her what was so special about it? Then I mentioned to her that I went to the Special Talk last year with her and that if it was so special can she tell me just one thing from last years talk and of course she could not.

When I started attending fewer meetings, people would tell me what a great talk I missed...I too would ask, "what point stood out?" No answer.

"what a great assembly" name one point, can't

"what a great WT study" name one point, can't

What is the theme of this year's convention, assembly, special day, today's daily text...they don't know........it's a brain drain

• upside/down
    upside/down

blondie...it doesn't matter if I remember even one miniscule point....IT WAS GREAT!...and you missed it

u/d(of the broken record class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit