Calculate the number of days you gave to the watchtower....

by kid-A 17 Replies latest jw friends

• slacker911
    slacker911

Yep...it is depressing...

I was born in and began that sssslllllooooowwwwww process of leaving when I was 22. I was a Ministerial Servant for four years and regular pioneered for one, and also regularly auxiliaried...then I limped out. That was about six years ago.

I can not calculate the hours all that accurately, because even at times I was not serving, or clocked in, my mind was still imprisoned. So I will just say 22 years and a half years, or about 8200 days...

Nice...

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Far to many

Orangefatcat

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I recently calculated that I spent at least 3 hours every day, if you count getting ready for meetings, driving, prestudying, reading mags for service etc. That's for a regular publisher. I think you can double it for pioneers. Anyway, by that point, I felt really sad and depressed at all the fun things I could have been doing that I missed out on. So, the past is over and done and not very fun. I'm looking to the future.

Cog

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks...

1,560 eight-hour work days, 312 work weeks @ 40 hours per week.

6 work-years with no vacations thrown in. I counted from when I was baptized (age 12) instead of when I became a publisher (age 4).

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

In my experience, registered charities pay EXPENSES to their volunteers. The WTBTS IS a registered charity.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'd rather not! Adding up the hours I've spent pleasuring myself is far more fun.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Too much to calculate.

43 years a believer. 31 years a baptized believer. Tens of thousands of hours preaching, many of them as a regular pioneer. Public talks, instruction talks, parts of service meeting and assemblies, numbering into the thousands altogether. Lots of prep time over all those years.

Too scary to contemplate how much time I lost there.

Jeff

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The Haszard clan was always poor because we gave it all to the Watchtower. My father started out with a $50,000 ( @ 1952 inflationary adjustment) missionary bank account and by the time he married my mom and settled down he was flat broke,and we have been broken ever since. Watchtower cult of greed exploited and consumed 4 generations of my family from 1951 ongoing into 2006 http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=%22Danny+Haszard&btnG=Search Personalized Results 1 - 50 of about 54,100 for "Danny Haszard. (0.34 seconds) Danny's Revenge-Figure above is an incomplete tally probably close to 80,000 pages up that are 99.99% anti-watchtower cult & make more every day. Witness of the Watchtower Holocaust

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit