vent time....friends who steal

by lucifer 18 Replies latest jw friends

• lucifer
    lucifer

okay I need to vent, I have a good friend who steals, I'll call her Tina. She is not poor, still lives with her parents who spoil her rotten, they buy her anything and ask for nothing in return. She has had one job I think and didn't like it so she told the manager off and quit after maybe a month...it was at a video store for F's sake! she is not in school or college at the moment, althought she does plan on going in the fall, she could be working but she does nothing instead! Well one day I bought a nice shirt, but after getting home I decided I didn't like the way it fit so I was planning on taking it back to the store the next day, my other friend tried it on, and when I saw her doing this told her not to take the tags off because I was taking it back the next day, she was fine with that and quickly put the shirt down.

Well Tina saw/heard me say this and watched where I put the shirt away. The next day I rip my room apart trying to find that shirt but it's nowhere to be found, I ask my friend that tried it on and she said no she hadn't seen it or took it, I believe her because she had no bag with her and was wearing her own shirt the next morning. So the only other person would could have taken it was Tina, I questioned her and of course she said no. I knew she took it but had no proof.

It's been months since that happened and I had forgotten about it(the shirt wasn't crazily expensive so I dropped it) well almost the exact same thing happened to my other friend, with Tina taking it, but my other friend was lucky and found her shirt in Tinas room a year later(if you call that lucky), but Tina tried to cover her a$s by saying "oh you must have left it here", but thats not possible because she bought it on a trip out of state and hadn't worn it once or left the house, Tina was over the day she got back and my other friend never saw her shirt until a year later, it was faded from washing and had bleach marks on it..

There are other situations where we have proof that she is taking our stuff and lying about it...I don't understand her, she is my good friend and for the most part a good person, but this side of her bugs me because I question other things about her if she can steal from friends so easily and lie about it.............any thoughts/suggestions/stories would be welcome....thanks for listening to me vent, sorry it was so long

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

That sucks!!!!!

she is my good friend and for the most part a good person

She may be fun to be around, but someone who steals is NOT a good person. Furthermore, someone who would steal from a friend, and lie about it?...Not a "friend" to begin with. Sorry to be so blunt!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    okay I need to vent, I have a good friend who steals, I'll call her Tina. She is not poor, still lives with her parents who spoil her rotten, they buy her anything and ask for nothing in return. She has had one job I think and didn't like it so she told the manager off and quit after maybe a month...it was at a video store for F's sake! she is not in school or college at the moment, although she does plan on going in the fall, she could be working but she does nothing instead!

She is going to be a mooch and a victim her entire life. This is because she is incapable of taking care of herself which will force her to either mooch off her friends and family or live with an abusive controlling man who will be more than happy to control every aspect of her life.

• luna2
    luna2

Tina has a problem. I would hesitate to ever let her in my house again. I would also not want to go shopping with her as she might steal something and, if caught, anybody with her would be treated as though they were shoplifters too.

Seriously, her friends need to hold her accountable by telling her that the next thing she takes, whether its from them or stolen from a store, you are done with her until she gets help.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Sorry, dear, friends don't steal from you. Period.

She might be 'fun' but she's no friend, and obviously cannot be trusted. Why be friends with someone you can't trust?

essie

• KW13
    KW13

firstly sorry to hear that, very strange!

i think you could do better than someone who does that. you can't trust her with t-shirts...what if next time it was something bigger and more important? could you take that risk?

• daystar
    daystar

Dump her. That is the only response to this. I know from experience.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I don't trust "friends" who steal. When I find out something about a person like that I never have them over. What if I have a loose credit card receipt or something lying around? Will they take it?

• lucifer
    lucifer

I am getting sick of it, and so are my other friends, but it seems like I am the only one who confronts her when she does something wrong, and she can be a drama queen, so if I stir things up shit will hit the fan...I'm not sure how to approach this without it turning into a drama-fest

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I don't understand her, she is my good friend and for the most part a good person,

Uh that last part - she's not, she's a thief who is very willing to steal from her friends and then lie about it. I wouldn't let her around my stuff anymore nor be my friend but hey I'm crazy like that...I tend to like friends with integrity. No putdown intended.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit