How does one write to the "societey" for an annulment?

by Frog 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    How does one write to the "society" for an annulment?

Just write them and say you don't love them anymore, because you found out that they had been whoring around with the United Nations. Furthermore, they're never there for you when you need them and are always demanding this and that from you without giving anything in return. They refuse to plan a realistic future with you and they won't save money for your retirement. Futhermore, tell them that you were underage when you got into the relationship, which is illegal and you now want an annulment.

• unique1
    unique1

You can't say you don't consider yourself to be a witness because that is considered a disassociation. This was in the annullment I sent in and is why mine didn't work. Speak strictly about the baptism. You may want to include in your letter that it is a confession and therefore comes under preacher/paritioner confidentality as allowed for by law. At least in the US anyways. I am not familiar with laws in other countries.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    This was in the annullment I sent in and is why mine didn't work.

I hate to burst anybody's bubble here, but yours didn't "work" because no one's annullment request is going to work. They just don't buy it at Bethel. This is one reason the legal eagles in Brooklyn came up with the "no-longer-one-of..." announcement, to replace the older more specific one that spelled out how your relationship with the organization was severed (DF'd, DA'd).

Think about it: No matter how you word it, any correspondence to the WTS indicating you are cancelling, rescinding, annulling, undoing, or otherwise shitcanning your relationship with the Mother Ship means you are "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." And that's what they will say, out loud, from the platform. Which solves all their problems with you... because the sheep have all been taught the "code" and they know what this announcement means.

So save yourself some paper, ink and postage, and a lot of anxiety and false hope, and just disfellowship these assholes in your heart and move on!

• Frog
    Frog

Chuck in a "After consulting with my lawyer I wish to inform you..."

Mention legal action, it will scare them.

I as thinking about that myself Dr Jek...just so happens I know a "reasonable" lawyer who doesn't charge me for his time! where is that diamondsblueu?! ->

• Frog
    Frog

i think you might right there WillyOldMan...i may have to just suffice myself with unclebruce's suggestion of a reversebaptism at the next apostafest :) x thanks all for your suggestions and advice...much appreciated x

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I was thinking about that myself Dr Jek...just so happens I know a "reasonable" lawyer who doesn't charge me for his time! where is that diamondsblueu?! ->

Some weird french lawyer by the sounds of it...

DB74

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I thought you meant an annulment of marriage!!!!!!

I know one guy whose wife refused him on the wedding night, and then left him. he wrote to the WT, and they said the only grounds would be adultery. As both parties had made their vows, non-consummation did not make the marriage null and void.

He had to have her spied on until she had a fling with a wrestler. Then he got permission to divorce her.

HB

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I hate to burst anybody's bubble here, but yours didn't "work" because no one's annullment request is going to work. They just don't buy it at Bethel. This is one reason the legal eagles in Brooklyn came up with the "no-longer-one-of..." announcement, to replace the older more specific one that spelled out how your relationship with the organization was severed (DF'd, DA'd).

Think about it: No matter how you word it, any correspondence to the WTS indicating you are cancelling, rescinding, annulling, undoing, or otherwise shitcanning your relationship with the Mother Ship means you are "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." And that's what they will say, out loud, from the platform. Which solves all their problems with you... because the sheep have all been taught the "code" and they know what this announcement means.

So save yourself some paper, ink and postage, and a lot of anxiety and false hope, and just disfellowship these assholes in your heart and move on!

I have to agree with you on this but one observation that I would like to make is that many use this annulment process (albeit artificial) as a way of severing their ties completely; its more therapeutic than practical and is a good idea.

DB74

• sparki1972
    sparki1972

found this topic via searching on google. ive written a letter to the local bethel.. waste of time? probably.. but lets them know how i feel all the same and might stir up some questions about behaviour of the cong i used to be assosiated with and their questionable behaviours!! lol

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome sparki1972. You can ask them in person--in my experience they reply to letters with visits.

The jw baptismal annulment is rare. The only time I've heard of it is when people wanted to get rebaptized after claiming they weren't serious about it the first time. I've never heard of an inactive or former jw getting a baptism annulled.

I didn't say the baptismal vows, incidentally. I said "NO" instead of "yes" to the questions, aloud at the assembly, and all that got me was dirty looks from the attendats. I should be eligible for an annullment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit