Do you believe in perfection?

by LittleToe 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

LittleToe:

If something meets the standard for which it was designed, is that a reasonable definition of perfection?

No, that's a reasonable definition of adequacy.

Like when the first rudimentary wheel was built, and was surely perfect for the job?

No, it was adequate. It was less than perfectly round and was made of a material that wore down over time or warped with changes in temperature or humidity. In fact, that's true of all wheels that have ever actually been built. The perfect wheel is perfectly round, perfectly balanced, and immune to environmental changes - and while we get closer and closer to this, we can never produce such a wheel (the universe's fault, not ours.

Perfection, then, is an ideal which can be appoached but never reached.

• anewme
    anewme

Perfectionists drive me crazy!!!!!!!

Like that commercial where the real estate lady is taking a picture of a property and stops and walks over to a blade of grass that is just a little too yellow and plucks it.
    There! Now its perfect!
    Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Perfection is soooooo relative! I came from such a bad childhood, filthy, neglected, (taken out of the home by child protective services)

My marriage was sooooooo hard.....(wont even go into that tragedy)

That my life today IS PERFECT (compared to my past)

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    compared to

draws a deep breath, thinks hard and decides not to go there . . .

• anewme
    anewme

So if I made a round wheel and you made a square wheel......well, er uh, mine is perfect for the job.

Unless of course I made my wheel out of paper, then it the shape alone would not make it perfect.

Yes, perfect does the job!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    Do you believe in perfection?

Looking at YOU I do, dahling
    ...oh, but wait...you have two hands and only one mouth
    ...not so perfect afterall, I guess...*sigh*

~Merry

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

funkyderek, do you want to take this? I'm actually a little scared

Nic'

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

anewme:

So if I made a round wheel and you made a square wheel......well, er uh, mine is perfect for the job.

No, it's adequate.

Unless of course I made my wheel out of paper, then it the shape alone would not make it perfect.

Then it would be inadequate.

Yes, perfect does the job!

Adequate does the job. Perfect does the job perfectly.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Funky:
    So are you attempting to tell us that you have only achieved an adequate erection, with an adequate member, resulting in a woman satisfied only adequately?

LT, of the "anything less than perfect is only adequate" class

• upside/down
    upside/down

I'm perfectly adequate...so says my wife!

u/d

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

LittleToe:

So are you attempting to tell us that you have only achieved an adequate erection, with an adequate member, resulting in a woman satisfied only adequately?

You always have to lower the tone, don't you?

While something that does the job is adequate but not necessarily perfect, something that does the job as well as I do, could be (and has been) described as sublime, incredible and magnificent, while in a purely technical sense falling short of theoretical perfection.

Derek, of the "many, many levels above adequate" class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit