Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-23-06 WT Study (Load)

by blondie 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Room 215
    Room 215

Great job once again, Blondie. Re: Paragraph 15 (stumbling others). I've always wondered why it is that Paul's words are misinterpreted to compel JWs to pander to the lowest common denominator, the most hypersentive member of the congregation.

At which point do in their spiritual development do they think it's time to tell any such thin-skinned tee-toalling or vegan JW, for example, that eventually (sooner better than later) they'll have to grow up and respect the freedom in Christ granted all believers, and to ``chill out" over inconsequential matters not related to spirituality?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks Blondie and everyone for their upbuilding comments that spiritually fortified me in the real truth! I was able to glean much good information from this WT Study. It is the best one I ever heard. Keep up the good work. Lilly

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    No amount of water can absolve him of his accountability for passing that unjust sentence upon Jesus.

Oh my, oh my...I do think that this quote fully applies to the Watchtower organization itself. What hypocrites! They never hold themselves accountable for the lives they destroy. Why does a JW need a conscience either? Just ask the elders and they'll tell you what to do...because if you take a chance and make your own decision, based on your supposed "conscience"...it's probably gonna come back and bite you in the ass.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

cathy l.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thanks again Blondie

I used the phrase parents need to make good decisions for their minor children on my wife who is trying to influence other family members who have children. At the same time I reminded her of some really stupid things that had happened to our family as a direct result of listening to failed prophesies.

I gave her this to read before I left for work this morning, assuring her it was the official JW website. Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda!

She did read it and thought it was very good. When I got home she made me an offer that would repair some of the damage done to me as a child by my listening to my father's propaganda.

She still loves me.....

... and she has made a very small step in the right direction.

((((Blondie))))

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    What if on one occasion our employer accepts a contract to beautify a place of false worship? In this case, we would need to consider such factors as the extent of our having authority over what is being done and the degree of our involvement. And what about performing a legitimate service, such as delivering mail everywhere in a community, including places that promote wrong practices? Would not the principle stated at Matthew 5: 45 have a bearing? Not to be overlooked is how doing the work day in and day out might affect our conscience. (Hebrews 13:18) Indeed, carrying our load of responsibility in making mature decisions regarding employment calls for us to sharpen our perceptive powers and train our God-given faculty of conscience.

This means, if our boss tells us to do it, we can do it. I had a worker tell me this when I did bid on a church. She did not like the idea that I gave the bid, thinking that I should refuse it. I told her that the 99 QFR did not say it was wrong. She said, well, if you tell me I have to do it, I will do it.

Does that mean if I tell her to cheat on the tax forms, that she will? Which is worse?

If we are told to do it by our boss, and we can do it, how wrong can it really be?

What a load of shiite.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good work Blondie...and another example of how the WTS, under the guise of advising that Christians make their own decisions, ends up delving into matters that are best left up to the individual and end up effectually making the decisions for the rank and file jw. The examples they give are ludicrous, especially the one involving delivering mail.

• jojochan
    jojochan

This, I could NOT swallow anymore...

) What about having close association with those who may be morally clean but who lack faith in the true God? The Scriptures tell us: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19) We come to discern that bad associations are not limited to permissive or morally debased people. Hence, we are wise to cultivate close friendships only with those who love Jehovah.

i.e ONLY THOSE OF THE COLLECTIVE!

....and they say they're not a cult.

My parents would throw that in my face each time I made a new friend on the outside when I was young. And they were quick to point out that, "he's not one of us...he won't understand you."

Yeah...I was fed that bull.

I lost so many good friends that way.

jojochan.

• architect
    architect

I think its a cover up. To say "the scriptures" to say "Jehovah" when all along its the WT/GB who is saying these things. One can't walk away from this study and think that everything we do is now up to our conscience! From this point forward pass it along to your friends that if they get in to trouble- for them to say "I did it because it was a conscience matter".

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Choosing Employment

Q11) What is the first consideration in making employment decisions?

11) Applying Bible principles in a mature way helps us in making decisions about how we fulfill our obligation to `provide for the members of our household.' (1 Timothy 5:8) The first consideration is the nature of the work itself-what it requires us to do. Choosing a type of work that promotes what is directly condemned in the Bible is definite ly wrong. So true Christians do not accept jobs that may involve idolatry, stealing, misuse of blood, or other unscriptural practices. We would also not lie or cheat, even if an employer demands that we do so.-Acts 15:29; Revelation 21:8.

Obligation to provide for the members of our household

Can a JW get adequate education to do so?

Nature of the work...directly condemned in the Bible

Idolatry, stealing, misuse of blood, or other unscriptural practices.

Last time I checked there were plenty of JW's working as nurses or nurses aides. One Jw in my local area is chief of nursing dept.

I guess you're not supposed to work in hospitals since they (or you) touch blood surgeries

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    ) What about having close association with those who may be morally clean but who lack faith in the true God? The Scriptures tell us: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19) We come to discern that bad associations are not limited to permissive or morally debased people. Hence, we are wise to cultivate close friendships only with those who love Jehovah.

close association with those who may be morally clean but who lack faith in the true God?

Translation--anyone who is not a JW even if they claim to be Christian.

The WTS teaches that all non-JWs worship Satan directly or indirectly.

That all non-JWs will be destroyed forever without any hope of a resurrection, including babies and small children.

I'm feeling this in my own family. My mother and sister know that I will not be attending any more meetings etc. I can feel that our relationship is not the same. I used to talk on the phone with my mom, and I could never get off without talking for atleast an hour - now after about 15 minutes she says "well you must be busy - I'll let you go now." And when I see her in person there is just not the same closeness there anymore.

She always used to say to me when I wanted be friends with someone from school "Do they love Jehovah?". At the time I'd say no because they weren't JW's, but now I realize that there are people out there that have a much greater love of God than most JW"s that I knew.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit