Thanks!!!

by crazies 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleur
    Fleur

Another lurker steps into the light! Welcome!!!

I grew up a JW (I keep starting to write "truth" then have to catch myself--damn brainwashing)

((((((((hug)))))))) don't worry, it gets better over time. When they have you as a zygote, they kinda get a running start on your programming. But that's okay, believe me anyone can break out of that mindset, if I can. I'm not that bright :) LOL

welcome to the forum...er, to posting! Keep at it, you'll help a lot of people without even knowing it. And while I'm on the topic *waves* hi, all lurkers! Been awhile since I've said anything to you all. Glad you're here!

hugs

essie

(of the, "hey, take heart, if I got out with 5+ generations of my family in WT bondage, you can, too!" class)

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI crazies, thanks for sharing your story!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I do remember the last few meetings we went to, I could hardly keep from laughing at the stuff that was coming out of their mouths on stage, I think those might have actually been the only few meetings I had any fun at! Or at least came home laughing!

At least you could laugh!! Our last couple of months at meeting were torture for me!! I was so livid half the time, that I was visibly upset after each meeting. My chest would be all flushed, my face would be red, then when it was over, I would have to try faking a "happy face" so that I wouldn't be asked what was wrong. I remember one comment specifically that ticked me off. It was by a young guy that stated, "This is the only organization that your encouraged to dig deep and really learn God's truths." What ever!!!! I was SO... mad!! These people don't have a clue!! Yet, I keep reminding myself, I used to be just like them!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

crazies,

Dammit, why are you making me cry on a Saturday! And you are one lucky SOB that your wife is out, too. That could have gone very differently. Your kids are safe from medical interference by a bunch of blow-hard, know-it-nothings. And you have yourself to thank for it. If you hadn't listened when your friend was breaking his news to you, you would be no better off than your parents or siblings, or your wife's family.

When I first started breaking the news to friends, the majority thought I had gone off the deep end. One even started spreading a rumor that I was crazy, though at the same time acknowledging that I knew the Bible better than anyone else he knew. You could have had the exact same reaction.

It is very fitting to thank those who helped your PRCs disappear. And to thank the JWD forum for posting such candid exposés of the doctrines and of the effects of leaving, etc.

But that first person that talked to you owes you thanks, not the other way around. Fidelity is empty without actions to prove it. You showed yourself to be a loyal friend. So very many people don't.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• crazies
    crazies

"In your post you said "we" went to our last meeting. Does that mean others left with you?"

My wife left too, not sure if she was quite ready, although I told her I would still go to meetings with her if she wanted to slow it down, but why go if you know it is wrong. Maybe if the meetings were actually enjoyable--although our WT conductor--I have my suspicions about him.

AuldSoul--I'm glad that friend didn't get to upset when I told him I didn't think he was right, and that he took the time to explain why with facts, that way I could look for myself.

Thanks everyone for your warm comments, I look forward to getting to know everyone better. Its nice to be someplace that people genuinely seem to care about.

--Crazies "of the all the bs was driving me crazy and I no longer knew if the sky was even blue for about two months class"

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Welcome to the new world----

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi love! Well done, it's such a struggle sometimes. I liked this...

I thought that if it truly was the truth, it would hold up to being factually true.

... it's the only thing that has no argument, although I've seen a few lame counters by the WBTS writers taht make my skin crawl with their mind control. It is a simple statement, and if somebody can't accept it, they can barely call themselves human, in my opinion.

Life begins now bub!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

What? And just like that you were un-brainwashed? No drugs? No doctors?

Can you share with us what made you start the questions? What was the final breaking points? What made you decide this is wrong?

Congradulations...I wish you and your family all the best that this life has to offer.

lisa

• crazies
    crazies

"What? And just like that you were un-brainwashed? No drugs? No doctors?"

Why do you have some drugs? j/k.

I guess for me it was as simple as it either it is true or it is false, and although it messed with my head for a couple months trying to de-program from the borg, I knew based on my research that it was false and I didn't want to waste any more of my life eating shit.

I see everything else now that is wrong with what JW's believe, but 1914 was really the main thing.

--crazies

• juni
    juni

It'll be good to hear further postings from you Crazies.

And it's always good to look into things before you make the "leap".

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit