My dad's continuing journey.....

by freedomlover 17 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Any of you who have been following the saga of my life and my dad will appreciate how another person is finding the truth out.
    I sent him the scans of Lady Liberty's addition from Grayson's book. (Thanks LL!) He had asked for it, when I told him about it. I think one of the biggest lessons I am learning through this is that you cannot force someone to do this research. It's only my opinion but I don't know if you can really MAKE someone see the lies unless they are ready. My dad has been doing research on his own. He calls now and then to see if we have a book or reference he can't find. He will share some of his findings with us, but in the end he knows he needs to prove this stuff to himself.

I will have to admit that it was cheaper being ignorant, this is costing me a small fortune.
    Love ya
    Dad

• crazies
    crazies

Amazing!

I'm trying to help my dad see as well, its not going nearly as good as your dad is, but at least he still talks to me almost everyday.

Good job on your dad!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hi Freedomlover,

It is beautiful to watch his progress as his eyes are opening.... I'm soooo happy for you!

Coffee

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

That's awesome Freedomlover! I'm happy for you. I wish my family would eventually come around.

• blondie
    blondie

When it comes to the WTS, it is best to "hang them with their own words."

Sounds like the WTS is doing a good job.

Love, Blondie

• rassillon
    rassillon

EDIT: I did not catch that it was your dad's email to you - oops! Maybe you can ask your dad for the info, if it is not a problem....if so, don't worry about it.
    Hey freedomlover,

I am glad things are progressing, I guess all we want it to make an informed decision and others to do the same.

It is funny, we are on the same track. I think.

The CDs you ordered, did you order them from freeminds?

I was looking at them and wanted to order them, It was a bit confusing when I looked.

Can you give me a list of the CDs you bought, I want to make sure I buy everything but not buy duplicates of anything.

I am just about to order the greyson ABC book too. 80 bux, yeah, as I always say ignorance is bliss, and I guess it is also frugal too!

Thanks!!

-R

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I will have to admit that it was cheaper being ignorant, this is costing me a small fortune.

I noticed that too, but it pays off in the long run. Once I stopped going out in serviceā„¢ I saved a lot of money on gas as well as wear and tear on my vehicle.

W

• Mary
    Mary

Hey, that's fantastic news!! Hopefully, he'll see the light soon.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey good on your dad! And good on you too, you only just went through this yourself! We all know how hard it is to look outside the organisation for information. I still can't identify what sequence of events opened my mind, I can only assume that it was a lifetime of small, occasional things, and my eventual want for more out of life. It must be different for everybody, and it must only be something that comes from within that person.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

hey rassillon -

I didn't ask where he was ordering them from exactly - he still seems hesitant to tell me all the details of his searching. i totally understand that, I was the same way - the paranoia. If it comes up again, I will ask him where he ordered them from. I only have seen them on Freedminds website and on ebay - and both places will put a dent in the pocketbook.

thanks for the comments from everyone else. I am so happy to see my dad do this on his own. He has carried this enormous amount of guilt around his whole life from past "sins" and I feel a large part of the guilt has been because of how he compares himself to the WT measuring stick. Perfection or you are no one. I think the greastest gift would be to see that enormous weight lifted off of his shoulders.

-freedomlover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit