My dad's continuing journey.....

by freedomlover 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Freedom, That's so encouraging! You're right, people have to do their own research and it sounds like your dad is on a mission to find out the truth, that's great news. Please keep us posted. - V Sky

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I will have to admit that it was cheaper being ignorant, this is costing me a small fortune.

Love ya

Dad

That says it all right there....sounds like Dad is too honest to remain a JW. Good for him.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Freedomlover,

I have a hudge lump in my throat and I can't hardly see the screen. I am so..... happy for you!! It seems just like yesterday when you were saying how nice it must be to have the support of your family. Looks like you are well on your way too!! It is such a emotional thing to realise that what you had cherished, all your life, is just a mirage. I pray for all who are begining this journey. Once you get past the shock of it all, it does get easier. And its comforting to know your not crazy! Others are discovering the same thing, and have been for years, even without the internet! Anyhow, I am estattic!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• helppls
    helppls

freedomlover--

Do you happen to know where ur dad ordered all his books, most especially the (8) CD's containing all early-Russell WTS publications???? Please tell? Thx...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Liddell and Scott? Not the full version, I hope!

Does your Dad know Classical/NT Greek? If not, I doubt he'll find it very useful. However, I can't help but commend him on his taste in study materials!

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

helppls -

not sure where he got his CD's from. If the subject comes up again I'll ask him. I've only seen the on Freeminds website and on ebay. They are sold in 30 year increments or something like that.

stephanus-

My Dad has always been into the Original Greek in the Scriptures. I remember him pouring over the Greek Interlinear (that purple bible) when I was a kid. He's truly an honest hearted individual and he wants to "make sure of all things, hold fast to what is fine!" LOL!

• luna2
    luna2

That's wonderful, freedomlover. I was not such a researcher so I admire it in others. Good for him!

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

It is just incredible to watch freedom spread through your familiy. Thanks to you and ITIS for sharing it with us.

Love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit