You know you're an elders' wife when...

by stillAwitness 24 Replies latest jw friends

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

When the song of solomon makes you giddy and censored

• White Waves
    White Waves

You have to visit different KHs for hubby's public talks, act like you love your role as man-servant and the talk you have heard 100s of times is soooo interesting, meet people you aren't likely to remember later, accept praise for his wonderful presentation, possibly eat a meal with complete strangers and have no idea what you will eat, go home exhausted with an entire day lost. Added curse: care for children during ordeal while husband is "occupied" absorbing glory and try not to "embarrass" him.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

You take separate cars to the meetings SO you won't have to wait for hours.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

... when you haven't been sexed in a good long time.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    you and your friend (elder's wife) get pulled in the back because you were "caught" driving around town listening to music in the car way too loud

If any fellow elder had complained to me about my wife for something like that, they would have got short shrift and a lecture on "meddling in others affairs". That is down to the husband to stand up for her against the pratts!

PS I always felt sorry for the families waiting late when we had yet another "5 minute meeting" that dragged on a half hour. There was always someone who wanted to drag it out. And some PO's have no idea how to control a meeting.

A good friend of mine was an elder with me at the last congo. He had 5 children. He used to take them home no matter what and miss meetings like that. The other despised him and connived to have him removed. A long story .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit