The Big Four-Oh Today...

by Confession 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession

So I'm 40 today. Wow...

Not only have I never celebrated my birthday, but my "date-of-birth" (April 20th) has always coincided with that of Adolph Hitler's and, more recently, the 1999 Columbine student massacre. Furthermore my daughter has just informed me that today (4/20) is also Inernational Marijuana Day, apparently to coincide with the term "four twenty," which stands for pot.

Anyway, although age 40 has traditionally been one of the major mile-markers in peoples' lives, I feel great! I'm working out as hard as ever. (Even took up Krav Maga classes recently. Now that's a workout!) I live in Southern California (after living in arctic Michigan all of my life)--and am going to buy my first home in the next couple of months. My business is about to launch into a new growth phase, as I finally begin to concentrate on planning for my retirement. And while I am presently a bit lonely and without any serious romantic prospects, I'm confident that in the next few years I'll find the woman of my dreams.

Oh, and did I mention? I am free of from an authoritarian and legalistic religious organization that dominated my life and mind until just a year and a half ago.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Happy Birthday Confession!

You've really turned your life around and know which road you're on! I hope you find everything you're looking for.

Poppy xxxx

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Confession sweetie....

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

• carla
    carla

Happy Birthday!!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

aww your grown up now!!

i've been an adult for one year now.. and since i'm 41 and more mature than you , you should listen to me..

PARTY ON DUDE!!! happy birthday!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Congrats Confession!

10 more years and you'll catch up to me.

ps: I enjoy your posts btw

Dismembered

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

Happy Birthday....and many, many more!!!

Go ahead and celebrate...IT'S YOUR DAY!!!

• KW13
    KW13

wahey! Happy birthday

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

You share your birthday with...

altaltalt

alt

Now forget them, and CELEBRATE YOUR DAY ! ! ! ! ! !

~Merry

• Champion
    Champion

A very Happy 40th to you. I linked on to your home page and read your story, it was great! By the way is that Dave Matthews for your avatar. He is one of my favorites. It sounds to me like life is good for you and your heading down some interesting paths... so enjoy it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit