The Origin-of-Life Foundation, Inc. The Secret $1,000,000 Prize

by Deputy Dog 72 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Abaddon,

You make some fair points about my education. I need to read more into it but don't have the time right now as I would consider it light reading. I did actually go to the biggest book shop in the UK but couldn't find a single book on the subject other than Darwins out dated book. I think the sales assistances were having a laugh on me by sending me to the wrong locations.

"To be frank, Ogabog the Goatherd's really smart idea of how the skyman made things and the modern theory of evolution can't both fairly be called bullshit answers, as they're just not comparable. Why not own up to having a presentiment in favour of Creation because of your upbringing and see if this is justified?"

I read the above, then the following ....

"Whether the THEORY is 100%, 95%, 75% or 0% correct is another thing."

... and realised that if 0% is a possibility then my initial worry of going from one bullshit story to another is valid not withstanding the fact that things do evolve. My only issue now is did an intelligent being guide it all or is this universe predisposed to this kind of biological self-creation for which the theory part of evolution can never answer therefore will never be complete.

Yes, I have presentiment to the existance of a creator for the reason you mentioned but that doesn't invalidate the existance of a creator. Right? Right.

Let me ask this.
    Is your vehement denial of a creator a reaction to the feeling that you were duped by religious fanatics into believing in fig leaves and spare ribs thus undermining your intelligence and dignity for which you are now willing to throw the baby out with the bath water as a way of forgeting the indignities of the past?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Spectrum

Is your vehement denial of a creator a reaction to the feeling that you were duped by religious fanatics into believing in fig leaves and spare ribs thus undermining your intelligence and dignity for which you are now willing to throw the baby out with the bath water as a way of forgeting the indignities of the past?

Oh sweet baby Jesus on a stick, not the 'baby and bath water argument'. Look Spectrum, it is obvious you can think. Why are you STILL repeating stuff that you KNOW was part of your cultic background? That argument is called a thought stopper. It allows the person using it to avoid dealing with the subject at hand (the existence of god) and make an unsuported allegation about the motives of the person being the reason for the opinion. Because of this it is also a logical fallacy known as a straw-man argument.

It is smoke and mirrors, it's not addressing the facts, it's attacking someone to avoid addressing the facts.

Don't worry, I don't take it bad.

And maybe not here, but elsewhere you can read me saying;

a/ Bible god is rubbish, the Bible is no more special than any other 'Holy' Book.

b/ All traditional forms of god are also rubbish

c/ We should stop thinking about god as our ancestors made it up to be, but as it might actually be.

d/ This god is far grander and magestic (if external and seperate from 'Creation') than all silly primative human ideas, or actually IS 'Creation', at least the concious part of it.

e/ Or there is no god

What I am vehemently against is uninformed attacks on a well founded theory with masses of evidence that even if the theory needs tuning (as new evidence is found, not as when someone decides the same scripture means something different) it is shown to have happened by some similar process by the evidenece around us.

Evolution happened. Personally I prefer a dice thrower who can make this just so with a flick of the wrist as a god, rather than some control freak carefully manipulating genes to make it look like natural selection happened as a god. Or maybe 'god' is evolution being aware of itself and revelling in that awareness?

Just because I think primative ideas of god are pathetic childish and silly doesn't mean I don't belive in god.

IF god exists, it is a grand thing... but not anything someone can claim wrote THEIR book and no one else's. If god exists, it shouldn't mind if we think things happened the way there is evidence for them happening - it would be silly.

So go easy with your presumptions - about my belief in god and about the validity of evolution.

My only issue now is did an intelligent being guide it all or is this universe predisposed to this kind of biological self-creation for which the theory part of evolution can never answer therefore will never be complete.

Ah... why would the Universe being predisposed to life mean anything? If it WASN'T predisposed towards life we wouldn't know about it, would we? Us noticing the Universe is predisposed to life is like a puddle noticing it fits the depression in the groun it lies in. Of course it is. A billion Universes NOT predisposed to life may be coming and going, and we think we're special just because we are in the one that IS? And it may just be 'Big Bangs' makes Universes like this just like a quart of Burbons makes a hangover; still, no proof of anything.

When you're asking for proof of science, look behind you ask what solid proof there is of god., But then, after all, isn't it meant to be about faith?

Qcmbr

If you want your opinions to be taken seriously, not stereotyping evolutionists as unbelivers would be a 'god' start.

Doing that when you've been told it's not true means I am now giggling at you in a secular fashion.

Don't blame me if you can't make a credible argument; you've admitted yourself on this board you can't be bothered to do the research.

If that has changed we might have some worthwhile discussions.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Interesting post, I see a different side to you. I'll reply tomorrow when my brain is awake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit