The Origin-of-Life Foundation, Inc. The Secret $1,000,000 Prize

by Deputy Dog 72 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

ellderwho

Oh yeah Ive seen you admit error before, dude,

Oh, I can provide examples where I have; but if you evade admitting your own mistakes by making unfounded attacks about someone else admitting error, you simply prove the point I made in the first place.

admit this you gotta a major axe to grind with the skyman believer

Yes - the ones who make idiotic attacks against science whilst ignoring equivalent shortcomings in their own beliefs; there are plenty of credible ways to believe in god, what you're supporting isn't one of them.

You musta got lumped up big time by a Christian somewhere in your purposeless life.

Of course, the fact this might be about relative levels of plausability and demonstarbility evades you. And nice to see you equate 'atheist' with 'purposeless'. Good to see you showing your thinking skills to all and sundrey...

You claim you have a feel on the pulse of the international scientific community. Want to make another false claim. Or admit your wrong to bulster your credibility. Whatever dude.

Lies don't work. Your ignorance is making you fall over your own feet. Just because a small number of vocal people, typically Americans , are claiming there are severe doubts about the credibility of evolution does not make their claims true. If you had proof, you'd provide something like surveys showing that 75% or whatever of scientists had severe doubts about the accuracy of evolution, or that 65% thought abiogenesis was impossible. All you have is the indignant sqwacks of a minority who claim they are a major movement yet your level of research is so poor you believe their claims.

There's so much sh*t/ as well as worthy, written in scientific journals, dont act like you know and or reviewed everything thats been written.

I don''t, I'm just giving you the opportunity to show how little you know. Which you do in virtually every line...

I state: "get life started once" whats your typical knee jerk response. School ground tactics as you acuse others: "get god started once"

If you can't see I'm pointing out you are accusing science of weaknesses your own theory has, and are therefore full of it, you simply prove the old adage of; "You can lead a 'Creationist' to knowledge, but you can't make him think".

But do please continue to illustrate to the caual observer the empty posturing of your verbiage...

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    Lies don't work. Your ignorance is making you fall over your own feet.

LOL, yeah okay. I forgot your the resident authority

Just because a small number of vocal people, typically Americans , are claiming there are severe doubts about the credibility of evolution does not make their claims true.

More halarity, stop it. your exposing your limited kknowledge of what has been written and will continue to be written.

If you had proof, you'd provide

It matters not what proof I would bring, simply because proof wouldnt be enough. Trust me genius, this problem will never be hashed out on these boards.

something like surveys showing that 75% or whatever of scientists had severe doubts about the accuracy of evolution, or that 65% thought abiogenesis was impossible.

Yeah something like that eh? LOL

All you have is the indignant sqwacks .

Oooooo, sqwacks, that must be a Netherlands phrase.

minority who claim they are a major movement yet your level of research is so poor you believe their claims.

I don''t, I'm just giving you the opportunity to show how little you know. Which you do in virtually every line...

LOL anyone ever tell you how smart you are.

But do please continue to illustrate to the caual observer the empty posturing of your verbiage...
    And you've shown the casual observer your rock solid position. Care to illustrate. And make a $1,000.000

Please continue

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Having failed to prove anything other than your lack of knowledge about the subject, you now turn to spell checking my posts as you have NOTHING useful to say.

How long will you keep it up? Do you like making yourself look silly?

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

jstalin,

" In addition, their argument that something as complex as life must have a creator falsifies their own argument because a god would be required to have a creator too."

This self-falsification would only hold true for those that have a religious belief that God is the Alpha and the Omega.

But your post has given me an idea (especially since as Abaddon puts it I don't believe in Canaanite goat herders' gods) and it is this: if evolutionists believe that the universe by it's very nature has produced physically complex biological systems that are capable of animation ie life then what is to say that the universe by its very nature could not have produced spiritual entities ie gods.
    I think I might be onto something here!!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Abaddon

Actually, you seem to miss the blithe assumptions of a generally hidiously informed group of people are what is insulting...

By "hidiously informed group of people" you must mean your evolutionist friends at lifeorigin.org http://www.lifeorigin.org/rul_disc.htm who want these problems addressed? If you took the time to read the page I posted you would see that those things were originally posted by evolutionists and quoted by scienceagainstevolution.org. So don't shoot the messenger!

the seemingly "irreducible complexity" argued by Michael Behe (see suggested readings below)

Sorry DD, the inclusion of Behe and an oft refuted theory of his shows just how little research you have personally done on this isuse, plumping instead for a nice easily digestable website that suits your preconceptions. He's been proven wrong, down to the specific examples he gives. If you had tried you could find falsifiactions of his hypothesis online. I guess you have also missed him admitting under oath in Australia that his definiton of a theory would allow astrology to be taught alongside ID in schools? Do you see why posts like yours get laughed at? Both the above facts are easily found online - but you and other defenders of primative belief systems don;t look long or hard enough to see the leading lights of the ID community are empty vessels, as are their hypothosis. You just look for what you agree with and act like your opinion is as valid as someone who'se explore both sides of the argument.

Again, this is posted by evolutionists not creationists. Are you saying that evolutionist don't agree about Behe? At least some of them (those at www.lifeorigin.org) think he has a point.

You have found a website that defends something you want defended, you are impressed by its presentation and can't see the smoke and mirrors as you simply don;t have suffiient backgroun in the biological sciences do do anything other than taking things on faith.

Yea, like I want to defend the evolutionists from you, right! Keep shooting yourselves in the foot, you are doing my work for me, and a fine job of it at that. So far, you get the prize for saying the least but using the most words. All you've done is tried to insult all the creationists. Was that your only reason for posting? So are you going to take a shot at my question or are you going for the million? Lets try again. Why does The Origin-of-Life Foundation, Inc. want "to keep the project as quiet as possible within the scientific community"? Lets focus, why the cover-up?

• jstalin
    jstalin
    if evolutionists believe that the universe by it's very nature has produced physically complex biological systems that are capable of animation ie life then what is to say that the universe by its very nature could not have produced spiritual entities ie gods.

That's certainly something to ponder, but at this point, there is no evidence for such an idea. I suppose you could go down the route of the "Q" character from Star Trek - an all-powerful being that simply evolved into that power, rather than being begotten.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

DD

If you note I actually addressed the points raised and their validity; I don't care if the people making the points self-describe themselves as evolutionists. The arguments were poor and in some cases quoted arguments that have been comprhensively refuted. I'm not interested in arguments from authority, I am interested in what can be proved.

My tone derives from the fact that if you can find the arguments you've quoted, you certainly are competent enough to find the refutations of those arguments. Instead, you make a mountain out of a molehill. Maybe you genuinely think they have a valid point, but you obviously haven't even checked-up on me informing you that Behe's arguments are false; his examples or irreducable complexity have been shown to be reducable (i.e. the components are still functional seperately as well as when working together in the claimed irreducable forms Behe concentrated on).

If you really want to figure stuff out, judge a tree by it's fruits, not by its label. The fruits of Creationism and ID-ism are rotten, regardless of who makes them. Of course, someone may come up with a decent argument that falsifies Evolution or otherwise impacts significantly on 'conventional wisdom'. Then science will have to change.

This is no problem; it is in science's nature to change, as it's based on evidence, and new evidence is discovered or existing evidence is re-analysed in light of other new knowledge or techniques. This means it has to change; but the 'new light' has new, hard evidence; not 'new light' coming from someone finding a new way to read a static text that allows them to retain existing beliefs, which is the basic modus-operandi of Creationism and in a dilluted form, ID-ism.

But no one HAS come up with such arguments. Bring them on, please, but make the effort to check you're not presenting arguments that cannot be disected and disregarded in fifteen minutes of web-based research. The knowledge you gain from this and the satisfaction you gain from that are well worth the effort, and you won;t have the obvious pointed out to you time and again.

I think you might not be aware of the ID-ism's founding principle, "The Wedge". This stratagy might seem a commendable defence of belief, but it is worrying. For a start, it is a stratagy to discredit or dispose a paradigm when it has no equivalently rigourous paradigm to replace it. It's not like they can say "Evolution is wrong, we can prove it like THIS". They try, but far not one argument advanced by the Creationist and ID community has gained even minor acceptence. They have produced some brilliant science - the refutations of Behe's irreducable complexity being prime examples of some beautiful science.

But evolution is esentially still the most valid theory for the development of life.

The start of life itself just has interesting theories, nothing is proved or demonstrated.

But cover-up? Here's some facts;

1/ Some scientists believe in god in a way which moves them to speculate that god is the guiding hand in evolution and the instugation of life.

2/ Everytime one of these scientists says they have an argument which proves their beliefs, their argument is shown to be flawed by the scientific community.

3/ Most of it is so bad it isn't published outside of Creationist and ID-ist circles.

4/ People who present flawed arguments get bad reputatiuons, especially if they do it frequently.

5/ Bodies of opinion (Creationists, Phrenologists) who as a group present flawed arguments get a bad reputation.

6/ As any professional with flawed work thoroughly deserves a bad reputation, be they plumber or biologist, there is nothing wrong with 4/ and 5/.

7/ Most scientists as per 1/ are more than bright enough to realise that because Creationism and ID has never come up with ONE good argument EVER, there will be a natural assumption by scientists in general that any more arguments in that vein will be of similar quality, and that the credibility of anyone making those arguments is will suffer. They are reluctant to go public due to the damage doing so will do to their reputations. Flat Earther geologists have EXACTLY the same problem.

8/ Thus they come up with 'clever' stratigms.

Now, to be blunt, this is THEIR problem. All it needs is ONE decent theory. Why general science gets attacked for Creationism and ID's failure to come up with decent theories is quite beyond me. It's almost as though they haven't got anything better to say.

To see through their "wicked godless scientists strangle promosing new science" propoganda requires a little study; it'n not about being smart, it is about knowing stuff.

You see, it has NOTHING to do with god.

Many people, scientists as well, believe in a more expansive god than the one at the heart of ID and Creationisms agendas.

Which god is bigger, a god like a potter, casting each thing by hand, or one who 'throws the dice' at the Big Bang just the right way to have things end up like this, or one who having set things along as they would be raises a hominid species to sentiency? A god that is part of all of us and everything? Unfortunately accepting god might be far grander than imagined by the goatherds means giving up on other stuff imagined by the goatherds.

This is why Creationism and ID exist. They're the defence mechanism of dogmatic, literalistic, organised and controlling religion. They might just be stopping many people thinking about god as it might be, rather than as they were bought up or would like to believe.

As I think we would all like to see the back of such religions, maybe we can find a common ground and I can suggest stuff to read so you can examine the arguments you've made yourself. Of course, if at the end of the day you're trying to prove Biblegod, we ain't gonna agree, but that's fine. Just as long as you understand this discussion has nothing to do with god's existence either way. Abiogenesis would not disprove god, just ideas of god that required god for life to start.

• acsot
    acsot
    Ah, I know that... it's not for them, it's for the people who didn't know either way and can see the Creationists and ID-ots are the ones full of hot air by the way they respond to discussions such as this. I regard ID-ots and Creationists as teaching aids, like an over-head projector or white-board.

I for one have learned (and subsequently researched on my own) a ton of information from Abaddon's posts (other posters, also, of course). I really do admire your patience Abaddon; you have helped many of us look beyond the myopic fundamentalist view of creation and see the mountains of evidence that science has uncovered with respect to evolution, biology, etc.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Having failed to prove anything other than your lack of knowledge about the subject, you now turn to spell checking my posts as you have NOTHING useful to say.

How long will you keep it up? Do you like making yourself look silly?

You fully understood my inference:

Or are not qualified to handle, said starting.

your reply:

Even Microsoft Word would tell you that is a fragment of a sentence.

Whatever dude! As far as biology, you got nothin and have shown it. Dont be mad at me. Its your system. Get it started. Make a million.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

ElderWho

You've completely ignored and continue to ignore a point Abaddon made from the very beginning. How does the presumed unlikelihood of abiogenesis here on Earth automatically translate into a confirmation of life being directly created by the personal god of the bible? Why overlook the possibility of having the right conditions elsewhere in the universe for life to arise naturally? At least there's some tangible evidence for that option. Bacteria have been shown to survive the vacuum of space and several organic precursors utilized by life as we know it has been detected in our nearby vicinity of outer space. What evidence is there at all to even consider said creator god vs say the Invisible Pink Unicorn?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit