JW FUNERAL OUTLINE english and spanish PRINT AND TAKE WITH U

by What-A-Coincidence 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• One true Jesus Freak
    One true Jesus Freak

Was anyone able to find an actual scan of this?

Just under 5 min for a pereson to be "remembered"

That is so sad.

• Open mind
    Open mind

It makes perfect sense when you remember that you're just a "good-for-nothing slave".

You should be glad they get 5 minutes!

*removes Borg hat. runs.*

OM

• flipper
    flipper

WAC- Thanks so much for posting this outline ! When the time comes in the future when my witness parents pass off the scene ( both are 82 and 80 ) I will certainly give my older elder brother something to think about before any talk is given ! If the elder giving the talk does not include appropriate information about my mom and dad - I just may walk up on the stage and take over the microphone and say it myself ! I will definitely print this, thanks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Hey WAC!!

Just popping in to say hi!! Don't you ever answer your yahoo IM's??!!??

shell

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

This is exactly why I was didn't even bother to attend my beloved Father's "memorial". I told my sister that I would attend for HER if she needed/wanted me to, but that I knew they would not talk about how wonderful he was... they would just use it for an excuse to give a talk to the non-JW's in attendance.

Agh.

Ah, well. I had a service of my own.

Thanks for posting this.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah I've heard that talk many times, sometimes verbatim. I'm sure it depends on the person giving it. A few years ago there was a triple funeral - Mother, Son and Sons Wife all killed in a plane accident. Held at the assembly hall under duress of Bethel (don't want to give anybody any special treatment...) Three elders close to all three gave the talk, one for each. They were good enough to talk about each of them a little, but not enough. I think they split the various points of this talk between the three of them. Went for an hour and a half; maybe fifteen minutes of that was about the three who died. These three guys, they were good speakers, and close friends of the deceased, and they still couldn't talk about their lives.

How can it not occur to them that any non-witnesses there would be so much more impressed if the service was dignified and honest?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit