HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

by unique1 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yep, happy birthday to you love, (sorry it's late, but go ahead and have a great day today too...)

Fact: you're not responsible for anybody's happiness but your own. None of us wanted to hurt our loved ones, but couldn't go on playing the games it took to keep them happy. Remember them? You have to live by your own conscience. They will make their own choices, and if that makes them unhappy, that's because they chose that way. You need to stop blaming yourself for things that they're doing to themselves.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

What a birthday present!!

Keep us informed as to how your parents respond. There is plenty of info. on that subject here as you well know. But if you need anything imparticular, lets us know. And by the way, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

Happy Birthday, I hope you have many more to come, and let the elders eat cake, but not yours.

• LEC
    LEC

Well Happy Birthday!!!!

I know the 1914 thing but I don't the 607, do you mind sharing?

I am so happy that I found this website w/ people w/ the same trauma and drama that occurs w/ JW

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I wish your first birthday out of the bOrg didn't turn out to be such a bummer. But you did not choose that. They may try to make you feel responsible for their mean-spirited acts, but they (the elders) are under-handed and manipulative in what they did.

They probably expect you to come crawling back in repentance, after their decision to shock the hell out of you and your family! Did they even bother to forewarn your parents about the public announcement? Probably not, I'm guessing. Whatever their strategy, I'm sure they're entertaining themselves, turning it into some sordid affair.

Anyway, none of it is your responsibility! Your parents are responsible for their own happiness and comfort and you're responsible for yours.

Try to find some healthy comforts and entertainments of your own. Happy birthday. Here's a big, triple-layer cake of your favorite flavor, to you. And a nice hot toddy (or 3) to go with it! Cheers!

Happy belated birthday to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit