HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

by unique1 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

OK, so I turn 29 today. I get a call from my mom. I assume it is her NON Happy Birthday Call. We chat. She asks if there is anything I want to tell her. I say no, why should there be? She tells me I was disfellowshipped last night.

As most of you know I sent in a Baptism Nullification letter. I also included my phone number in the letter. I received no call or any letter or anything letting me know I was being disfellowshipped. WHAT THE HELL???

Anyways, I apologise to my mom and tell her it is news to me. Dad says the elders should never have made the announcement without trying to contact me. I never wanted to hurt them. Mom asked why I don't want to be a witness anymore. I told her I have found several things to be not true such as 1914 and 607. I told her those things shook my faith and it hurt and I never wanted to shake her faith or Dads because they seem happy and I wouldn't want to put them through that. She wants the info. She says it won't shake their faith. So here goes nothing.

I also have a call into the Presiding overseer to see why they didn't send me a letter or anything.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Happy birthday! Do something special and have fun.

What an odd birthday present the PO gave you. Are you going to appeal? You only have a few days.

• luna2
    luna2

Happy Birthday anyway, unique1. Hope you get to go out with friends and have some fun today after a start like that.

Nice of the brudders to bother to let you know what was going on. Hope your parents take a look at the info you send them and start asking questions themselves. Ya never know.

• wombat
    wombat

Mate...HAPPY BIRTHDAY...It's lovely the way you try to protect your parents. But forget those idiots at the KH. You would only be pandering to their egos by asking for explanations from them.

You have a brand new exciting life ahead of you....Congratulations...

• Legolas
  • Genesis
    Genesis

Happy Birthday and congratulation for you DFing :) !

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality
    Birthday presents dont get much better than that. Your FREEDOM!!!!!
  • unique1
    unique1

WOW you guys are good at focusing on the bright side. It just hurts to make your loved ones cry. Mom started crying on the phone and I know my friend from childhood is crying as well. I keep trying to focus on the good but it is a sad birthday for me overall.

• wombat
    wombat

It gets better. Promise. Don't worry about the future. You and your parents will always love each other deeply. There will be games played but go with the flow. You won't be sorry. BE HAPPY.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Many Happy Returns unique1

I'm all for this Baptism nullification thing... Consenting adults and all that.....I believe a lot of us were co-erced into Baptism while minors - duress and undue influence.

They cannot Disfellowship you if you were never Baptised....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit