Pink slips at Bethel

by beavis 49 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Downsizing comes at a cost. This method is at least ten years old and doesn't always deliver on it's promises. The WTBTS may find that it accidentally "let go" some key players who are keeping the organization running.

http://www.dochzi.com/l507/down.htm

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

How absolutely horrible! Why not let the young ones go since they still have a chance at getting a decent education? However, they're keeping the younger ones because they can get more work out of them.

That is so sad. Once upon a time I applied for Bethel in a fit of zeal and martyrdom but, being a non-penis person, I was not accepted. Best thing that never happened to me.

I feel really sorry for the ones being kicked out into "Satan's world" to earn a living. And for the congregations that inherit them.

Nina

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    being a non-penis person, I was not accepted

LOL @ Nina! Good one.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I applied for Bethel in a fit of zeal and martyrdom but, being a non-penis person, I was not accepted.

Your mistake was you didn't wear a "strap on" when you applied!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

a contact at bethel told me that a bethelite couple was sent to another branch ...

so much for downsizing eh?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Wow that is really bad because that would assume that the people they are letting go are lifers. They came in early and have stayed, thinking they would be there till the NS. Isn't there an age limit for entry, like the US military? Isn't like 18 to 30 or something. How harsh is that, to get canned after serving your time and thinking you were going to be there forever.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

In other news, applications for window washers and cracker and cheese men at an alltime high.

• potleg
    potleg

Just another brick in the Watchtower wall...knock em down, kick em out. Be loyal to the organization but don't expect the same in return.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

A JW friend who still keeps in touch wrote me this tonight:

"They are down-sizing severly in Brooklyn, though. People who have been there many years are being asked to leave. Some are being assigned as C/Os, some as special pioneers depending upon experience. Younger bros. are simply encouraged to go home and pioneer. Older ones are being taken care of. The Towers is more or less a retirement home for aging Bethelites."

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    They are down-sizing severly in Brooklyn

best news i have heard all day. Thanks!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit