Pink slips at Bethel

by beavis 49 Replies latest jw friends

• beavis
    beavis

Does anyone still have any friends at Bethel? It seems that there is a massive layoff at Bethel in all three American complexes. The layoff is supposed to affect everyone between the ages of 35-50 or maybe 60. I feel sorry for persons who chose to stay there, they gave up going to college, possible job offers or making a decent amount of money, having children, the list can go on and on. Now they are being told that since they gave up their best working years for working under the vow of poverty, now they need to "go back in the field". There are persons that have been at that place for 25 years being asked to start packing and I can only imagine that those persons are feeling a little bit disillusioned because of this situation. I was there, working for free so that the Society could sell 360 Furman for 220 million dollars, it was tough to leave and go into the cruel, cold "satanic system of things".

Not sure if anyone heard this either, but supposedly those that are staying at Bethel, have "worldly education", whether it be a degree, lawyers, doctors, nurses, you know the drill. But this goes contrary to the recent "educational"studies put out in the Watchtower. I thought wordly education was refuse and not needed. The right way, the wrong way, and then the Bethel way is what we were always told. So many contradictions, I think I need to vomit now.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

What's a "pink slip" ?

• beavis
    beavis

In the U.S., a pink slip is a notice from a job that you are going to be layed off or your position is going to be terminated.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Beavis...Did you ever see any of the WT income tax returns?

They make millions upon millions and pay no taxes and next to NOTHING to these poor people!...If they only knew the truth about the 'LIE'!

Ozzie...A pink slip is slang for ..your fired!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    In the U.S., a pink slip is a notice from a job that you are going to be layed off or your position is going to be terminated.

Ohhhhhh, I see ...I think. Seeing as how they're not employees, do you think they'd still get a pink slip? Or is it just as Legolas has put it, an idiom?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Or is it just as Legolas has put it, an idiom?

It's an idiom based upon a really old practice.

It's interesting to get some more news about the big lay-off, I feel for all those poor Bethelites who now have to make their own way out here in the real world. I have a brother-in-law who served for almost ten years in Brooklyn. When he finally met the right women, and got married, they gave him the boot. His new wife wasn't healthy enough (i.e. the total sum of her cleaning bathrooms productivity was less than the projected cost of her health care.) They've had a really hard time finding and keeping jobs, he keeps looking for some way to get back on the Organizational dole.....but to no avail.

• sir82
    sir82
    layoff is supposed to affect everyone between the ages of 35-50 or maybe 60

Have you heard this from an "official source", or is it just speculation on your part?

Financially, I agree that is the demographic that is most likely to be affected, but that is just my opinion. I have not heard anything "official" that that is the target.

I would love to know if that is the "official" decree.

• beavis
    beavis

The official letter is coming, I personally know of three couples in their forty's who have been asked to leave. They do not have an exit date yet, but are supposed to be making plans to leave.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

Does that mean they are keeping all those Bethlites under 30?

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality
    It sounds like they are keeping the young ones so they can sway them into any kind of thinking they feel like. It will be interesting what the "new light" will bring to those who stay. Major Brain washing going on here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit