What is the best way to be asked out?

by daystar 53 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    How would you like best to be asked out?

I think this is polite and respectful: "Hi. My name is AuldSoul. I've noticed you around and I know you are a devout JW. I used to be a JW. Have you ever thought of coming out? I'd be happy to help you."

OHHHH! You mean like on a date! Then a variation on the preceding: "Hi. My name is AuldSoul. I've noticed you around and I know you are NOT a devout JW. I used to be a JW, and I am not really interested in pursuing a relationship with a current cult member. If you aren't too put off by former cult members, would you like to go to the movies with me sometime?"

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• damselfly
    damselfly
    A lot of younger women will flirt with men who they have no interest in, just so they know they can get men interested in them. They especially do this with older men.

I would never do this just to play with their heads but I do this in certain situations when I need to get the upper hand. A little flirt will go a long way to getting a discount on car repairs, purchases carried out the car, things fetched from the top shelf, butting to the front of the line etc.

Dams

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I would never do this just to play with their heads but I do this in certain situations when I need to get the upper hand. A little flirt will go a long way to getting a discount on car repairs, purchases carried out the car, things fetched from the top shelf, butting to the front of the line etc.

I've thought of doing that - maybe flashing a little belly hair - to get discounts, butt into lines, etc., but I'm just too damn shy.

W

• damselfly
    damselfly

LOL!! It's amazing the power that well filled out V-neck t-shirt combined with an innocent smile has over you guys.

Dams

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well at least you know how to use your assets Dams! I'm rapidly forgetting!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::I've thought of doing that - maybe flashing a little belly hair - to get discounts, butt into lines, etc., but I'm just too damn shy. LOL :)

• daystar
    daystar

Dams, how would you react if you were to try something like that and the guy totally ignores it? Would he be an a$$hole for not falling for your damseliciousness?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::Dams, how would you react if you were to try something like that and the guy totally ignores it? Would he be an a$$hole for not falling for your damseliciousness?
    Daystar- I would like to bet she wouldn't know what to do since it has probably NEVER happened, as no man can withstand the Damsel-charm.

• daystar
    daystar

mis

Daystar- I would like to bet she wouldn't know what to do since it has probably NEVER happened, as no man can withstand the Damsel-charm.

*sigh* I suppose I will volunteer to test your theory.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Fear of rejection is a terrible thing, and probably stops a lot of beautiful relationships from ever getting off the ground.

In my experience, go for it, she will be flattered even if she is not interested. It can be hard to take if she says no.. but better to have taken a chance!

As for flirting... you're looking at the queen And generally I can get it right and just have a laugh with someone, occasionally I've got myself into hot water because the person thought I was more interested than I was.

If I AM interested, I prefer the direct approach, most men are so busy being shocked, I take their open mouthed expression for an assent and we're out on a date the next night..

I think 'The rules' are absolute hogwash. I've read the book, and it's all about playing games, not being who you are, and pretending to be busy when you're not so he will be more interested.

Well if he's not interested in the real you, whats the point in carrying on with it! I want someone to be completely into me, not some facade of what I pretend to be.

Poppy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit