What is the best way to be asked out?

by daystar 53 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I find most women in England are extremely subtle. And I don't claim to be very good at it. I invited a girl back to mine to watch a video and she was very cautious. I had to promise that was all I had in mind. Then we ended up having sex anyway! Confusing! I'm not one of the guys who enjoys the chase because it's too much hard work. I'm of the opinion that if I can't just be myself and the girl warms to me, then it's not worth it.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I encourage a man and let the man do the pursuing and I define 'encourage' very broadly.

A lot of younger women will flirt with men who they have no interest in, just so they know they can get men interested in them. They especially do this with older men.

I definitely prefer that a man let me at least give some hints before he asks me out because I'm cautious. If a stranger asks, I'm unlikely to say yes - unless it's to meet for coffee - going in separate vehicles.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I don't know how to flirt very well, honestly I wish I did. Sometimes I end up doing the pursuing and it usually doesn't turn out well.

I read a stupid book once called "The Rules" that says under no circumstances should a woman do the pursuing. What's the opinion about that? I would like some responses on that.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Remember passing notes in grade school? "Do you like me? Check Yes or No" Straight to the point.

I'm a huge flirt when I like someone, so no subtle moves for me.

Dams

• damselfly
    damselfly
    I read a stupid book once called "The Rules" that says under no circumstances should a woman do the pursuing. What's the opinion about that? I would like some responses on that.

I think it's silly myself. Lots of guys won't come up to women if they are insecure or unsure what the girls response will be. If you just wait around for someone to come up to you then you're missing out.

Dams

• daystar
    daystar

serendipity

Yeah, that is sort of the way I am. I suppose it's really more about the way I was raised. I don't hit on (flirt with) women unless I am fairly certain they're interested, or we're just friends and we're goofing around. It's not out of a fear of rejection, but out of respect. (Well, I will pretty much flirt with any gals here, but that is another story.)

So, let me ask you guys about this - There is this very cute, younger girl (mid-twenties) I've seen out on a few occasions. Most nights she's up playing pool, but on occasion she comes over to the other side and on three occasions I've caught her looking at me while I'm watching a game or playing trivia. She looks away quickly, but I caught her! The thing is, for me to really think she's interested, she has to give me some other clue, like some time not look away and then flash me a smile. Because I've been caught looking at people when I absolutely was not interested, so I can guess that maybe that could have happened here as well.

(I should just make the move myself shouldn't I? I know. I'm such an idiot sometimes.)

• daystar
    daystar
    I'm a huge flirt when I like someone, so no subtle moves for me.

I'll bet you are Dams. Just the way I like 'em.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Go for it, daystar! On our deathbeds we'll regret the actions we DIDN'T take.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    I'll bet you are Dams. Just the way I like 'em.

Just go talk to her already. Go on! Go!

Dams

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    A lot of younger women will flirt with men who they have no interest in, just so they know they can get men interested in them. They especially do this with older men.

Yeah, and it's very annoying. Believe it or not, some of us are fully aware that we're not attractive, so we are not all so easily fooled. When a young, hot babe starts flirting with me I can be reasonably certain that she's not sexually aroused by my gut. If she's hot for anything, it's probably my wallet.

Damn, but you're such a romantic

Wow! No one's ever accused me of being a romantic before! heh heh! I'm just very good at misreading signals, body language, etc., and have had enough frustration to last me several lifetimes. I gave up on all of it a long time ago.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit