Math Problem

by Scully 23 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Well, it took me 2 hours to work out what everyone was saying but I think I get it as well now!

$30 in the till, less $3 refunded to the kids leaves $2 for the shopkeeper because he only needs to leave $25 in the till.

He's still a rip-off merchant then, shame on him conning children out of their pocket money

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Darn ! I wuz gypped! I paid $31.50 for my frame from the same bloke, and he gave me nuthin' back.

Sniffles.....

Cheers

• zagor
    zagor

Oh boy how many different versions has this problem got lol. Anyway it's just a playing with words. It deliberately diverts your attention to $9that each kid paid. In reality nothing is missing.

30 - 3 = 27 and if shopkeeper kept $2 that is 27 - 2 = 25. See nothing is missing
  • ObservingTexan
    ObservingTexan

There is NO missing money. Total transaction is $30. Shopkeeper returns 3 bucks. Cost to kids $27.

30 bucks in the till minus 3 = 27 in till. He kept 2 bucks out of the 5 in overcharge. 25+2=27.

There is no missing 1 dollar. 30-3=27...... you are attempting to factor in 2 bucks with the 27 figure to get the balance in the till. 27 is not the correct amount. It's 25+2=27...... Take 27 and add back the 3 he gave to the kids and you are back to 30.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit